So, it has ended. A few hours ago, but now is when I managed to solve my issues and get back to the PC. Anyways, I’ll declare I LOVED this read-a-thon, and had a lot of fun. Here’s the wrap-up meme:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
~ I’d say hour 13, because about that time my internet connection started going wonky, and no matter what I tried to do, it didn’t get back to normal; the notice kept popping up on my screen, and it annoyed to no end, considering I was reading on my PC when it happened.
I was already dead tired, when the read-a-thon started, I had been up already for 7 hours, and had very little sleep before those 7 hours (thank you, my old friend, insomnia, for that one…), so after 12 hours of reading on top of that, the stress of having my PC go all coo~coo on me was impossible to bear.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
~I think this is up to each of us readers; “recipes” I thought up end up not working even for me, so I doubt I could think up something good for someone else. I’d say go with some of the books you were dying to read from series you’ve been reading, so you’ll be hyped up, and with some new, promising ones, stand-alone-s. And make sure some of them are less lengthy, so you don’t get all disappointed that while you’ve read 2, others have read 4. No, numbers are not that important, but your reaction after a bunch of hours reading might not be in check as you may think now, reading this 🙂
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
~Honestly, no. I had a blast, and everything was awesome.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
~The cheerleaders were AWESOME, and the fact we had a twitter list where we could interact and cheer each other on and be together, that was awesome for me. I think that’s what I loved the most about it.
5. How many books did you read?
~I read 3 books, out of the 4 I really wanted to read. The 4th one, it’s a short story, so I think I could have squeezed it in as well, but my frustration levels were too high, I was too grumpy and needed sleep like asap.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
~Demons like it Hot, Heart of Glass, Silence.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
~It’s a close tie between Heart of Glass and Silence; I was itching to read Silence, but overall, I think I slightly enjoyed Heart of Glass more xD
8. Which did you enjoy least?
~That would be Demons like it Hot; for the why, you’ll just have to wait and read my review of it end of November 😛
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
~Wasn’t one, sorry.. 🙂
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
~VERY likely. Very likely. As to the role, I can’t plan now about the mood I’ll have then, but I just might be a Cheerleader as well as a reader, maybe help out with other stuff. Depends on what you guys offer sign-ups for, and my mood. We shall see xDDD
Over-all, I had a ton of fun, and I’m uber happy I’ve joined in!
- Star-Crossed Lover Excerpt & Giveaway - Aug 7, 2018
- What Lies in Shadows by Siena Noble Giveaway - Jul 24, 2018
- Paranormal Book Recs by Jennifer Honeybourn & When Life Gives You Demons Giveaway - Jul 17, 2018