The Gates (The Resistance Trilogy #2)
By Rachael Wade
Editions: ebook, paperback
Published March 1st 2012 by Rabbit Hole Press
Armed with more unsettling knowledge about Gavin Devereaux and her circle of friends, Camille Hart is faced with new adversities and lethal propositions when she returns to the Amaranth exile to carry out Gavin’s risky crusade. Realizing her journey through the bayou was only the beginning of her struggle to stay with Gavin, she finds that leaving her Louisiana home is the least of her worries. New evils await her on the other side, and as she and her friends press on with their mission, they are confronted with the reality that everything doesn’t always go according to plan. As secrets unfold and alliances are formed and broken, only the strongest will survive and the power of love will be tested when a war between witches, humans, and vampires erupts into an all-out power struggle and all is on the verge of being lost.
~ Goodreads Blurb
About the Author:
Rachael Wade is the author of the Amazon #1 best-selling paranormal romance series, The Resistance Trilogy, and the best-selling contemporary romance, Preservation. She is a member of the Romance Writers of America and her work has been published in The Storyteller, A Hudson View International Poetry Digest, and Amulet Poetry. When she’s not writing, she’s busy learning French, watching too many movies, and learning how to protect wildlife and stop animal cruelty. The first title in her post-apocalyptic sci-fi romance series, The Keepers Trilogy, is set for release winter of 2012.
Links: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Amazon | Barnes&Noble | Book Depository
The Gates Top 5 Character Soundtracks
Hey guys, I’m so excited to stop by today and share the Top 5 character soundtracks from The Gates, Book 2 of The Resistance Trilogy, my latest paranormal romance series.
However…I’d also love to hear about your favorite books, characters, and the songs that remind you of them. I’m an avid music lover and am always on the lookout for new artist recommendations! Is there a certain song that makes you think of your favorite book boyfriend or a novel that took you on an unforgettable, emotional journey the minute you hear it on the radio? Tell me all about it; I’d love to hear which songs you associate with your favorite books and why!
1. Scarlet—Girl with One Eye by Florence and the Machine. Scarlet is one of the villains throughout the book, and this song is everything that she is: sexy, seductive, and mischievous.
2. Gavin—Points of Authority by Linkin Park. Gavin’s story and his feelings for Samira, Gerard, and their exile kingdom are pretty much summed up in this song. This song is his anger, motivation, and conviction combined.
3. Samira—Blinding by Florence and the Machine. As one of the primary villains of the series, Samira comes with a lot of baggage. Like with any “bad guy,” there is always more than meets the eye, and this is her song, which carries over into book 3, The Tragedy of Knowledge, as well.
4. Camille—Change by Deftones. Camille evolves quite a bit in The Gates. In Amaranth, she’s fearful, insecure, and full of doubt. This song is her anthem and I listened to it constantly during much of the writing process.
5. Arianna—Horses by Tori Amos. Something about the feel of this song just screams Arianna to me. She is very haunted by memories of Joel and her history in Amaranth and on earth, and this captures her mood and mindset throughout The Gates.
Book lover, customizations OCD-er and list-lover extraordinaire. Unrepentant coffee addict, smutty romance and sexy bad boys/villains lover of doom.
I read, I write, I spamificate -- therefore I am.
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)