Welcome to the Book Blogger Hop!
A place to connect book bloggers and readers every week!
Grab the Logo!
Read the History and Rules of the Hop. This link also includes information on how to submit a question for the Hop and how to be a potential Host of the Hop!
Want to plan your posts in advance? Click this link to check out the future Hop questions!
1. Post on your blog answering this question:
The sound of silence: When reading, do you assign each character their own voice in your head, or do they all sound the same? Do they sound like you or someone else?
2. Enter the link to your post in the linky list below (enter your Blog Name, Genre you review, and direct link to your post answering this week’s question; failure to do so will result in removal of your link).
3. Visit other blogs in the list, spending quality time getting to know the people you are visiting. Don’t just visit the post with the question, but click around and read some of the blogger’s other content, too! This Hop isn’t about the number of people you can visit, but the quality of each visit. Readers – find a new blog to read by clicking through the links in the list!
When I read, characters actually have their own voices in my head. They sound a particular way, female voice, male voice, child voice, etc. Sometimes they have accents too, which I guess is sort of odd… but that’s just how I read them.
This makes listening to audiobooks really hard, because if there’s one voice it annoys me, if there’s only two voices it’s not enough, and it can’t really have a different voice for each character or at least I never ran into an audiobook like that. It can’t be feigned voice either, I can tell when the same person tries to sound like someone else unless they’re really, really good at making other voices but their own.
Rant, sorry… 😀
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- The Edge of the Blade by Jeffe Kennedy - May 20, 2017
- Forest of Thorns and Claws by J.T. Hall Excerpt & Giveaway - May 18, 2017
- Summer Stock by Vanessa North Excerpt & Giveaway - May 16, 2017