By Hanna Peach Editions: ebook Published: November 22, 2012 Genre: Adult Urban Fantasy / Paranormal
An army of angels walk among us. They have kept us safe and ignorant, so far.
Earthbound for centuries and ruled by the Elders, they have established hidden cities, a society and The Code: obey your Elders, kill all demons, eliminate Rogue-angels, protect the mortals, remain hidden. Their warriors are the ungifted earthborn angels armed with blades and the ‘borrowed magics’ of distilled angel-blood tattoos.
Alyxandria is a young warrior with a fondness for customized knives and illegal night-races. If only she could overcome the taint of her parents who abandoned her to become Rogues.
When Alyx saves Israel, a gifted mortal with a past, she is forbidden to see him again. But she can’t help herself, drawn to him through their Guardian-bond, an ancient and long-forgotten bond; if he dies, she dies.
An encounter with a handsome Rogue leaves Alyx questioning all she has been taught to believe. Alyx begins to dig into the Elders’ secrets. Two thousand years of secrets that begin with the death of the Archangel Raphael. She is not prepared when she uncovers an Elder’s dark plan.
Somewhere on earth is a key to unlock hell. Somewhere on earth are pieces of an amulet that controls Lucifer and his army. Somehow Israel is the link and now both sides are after him. Who can Alyx trust when Good and Evil is no longer clear?
The war for earth begins.
Top ten things to pack when facing the coming of Hell on earth
By Alyx (Alyxandria)
10. Can I pack people? I’m going to anyway. Firstly, Israel. Cause, you know… if he dies, I die. And for no other reason you understand?
9. Mayrekk. He knows things, even if he won’t tell me. (Why won’t he tell me?)
8. Jordan. He’s damn annoying with his whole ‘I’m a hero, why won’t you just let me help you’ thing but he has saved my butt a few times…
7. Archangel Raphael. Yes, I know he’s dead but this is a top ten list right? Having him come along with me would be so much easier than having to figure out this riddle he has left behind…
6. Elijah’s Pick. This handy little ‘pick’ has allowed me to break through a few magical shields already. Why stop now?
5. Gold and lots of it. I figure I’m going to need to buy some more information out of the RaceKeeper along the way.
4. Blades – short, long, embellished, simple… whatever, as long as they’re sharp and plentiful. I hate to say it but Black Stone blades are preferable.
3. Bloodink – I’ll cover my whole body in bloodink tats as long as it’s legit. No blackmarket, undistilled or diluted stuff.
2. The missing piece of the Trinity Amulet. You know, the Amulet which has the power to control Lucifer and his army? Yeah, that one. I just need to find it before they do.
1. The keye to Hell. I have a suspicion about where this is… and I’m not happy about it.
” “This is going to sound crazy.” She presses her palm to her forehead.
He laughs softly. “Remember who you’re talking too.”
“Right,” she says. “I think it’s time I admitted some things to you. But you have to promise not to freak out or get angry before I finish, okay?”
“Remember the last time we met, you asked me how I happened to come by the alley in time to save your life…”
“A lucky coincidence.”
“It wasn’t. I knew you would be there, I knew you were being attacked.”
Israel frowns. “How?”
Alyx takes a deep breath – no turning back now – and begins to tell him about her visions of him. Then to prove she isn’t lying she describes each one.
“Let me get this straight,” he says. “You see things through my eyes?”
“Essentially, yes. That’s how I knew where to find you then. And tonight.”
“Do you hear my thoughts as well?”
“Just whatever thoughts you have at the time.”
“That is…” his eyes blaze at her, “…so frickin’ cool.”
Her mouth parts as she sucks in air, realizing that she has been holding her breath. “You think so?”
“Think about it Alyx. You have been inside my body, felt my heart beating as if it were your own, felt how I feel, thought as I thought. You know what it’s like for me.” He leans forward as he speaks, grabbing her hands. “You don’t just know me, you know me.”
Alyx swallows, hard. His eyes have a way of making her feel like she is underdressed. Alyx wonders for a moment whether he can see inside her as she does him.”
Watch the trailer here.
About the Author & Links:
A writer of fantastical things, especially stories with fangs, magic or wings.
I want to tell you tales that will rip away the glamour from your life, keep you running and fighting and gasping long past the devil’s hour and maybe, just maybe, reality will look a little bit different when you return.
Sit with me around this witchlight. Let me tell you a story.
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Debt Inheritance by Pepper Winters - Aug 18, 2017
- Controlled Burn by Erin McLellan Excerpt & Giveaway - Aug 17, 2017
- The Dorchester Five by Peter Manus - Aug 16, 2017