By Tracy March Editions: ebook Published: March 11th 2013 by Entangled: Bliss Genre: Adult Contemporary / Romance
Liza Sutherland isn’t looking for love. Not from a charity-auction date she didn’t even bid on and especially not with Nationals first baseman Cole Collins, the guy she obsessed over as an awkward teenager. She won’t get involved with a notorious player, no matter how attractive Cole is.
Cole Collins is up for contract renegotiation, but after too many late-night parties, he’ll need some positive publicity before he can make the roster. His agent, Frank, pitches Liza as the perfect prop…only Cole didn’t account for Liza no longer being just a teenager with a crush. She’s gorgeous and smart and he’s instantly hooked.
When Frank makes Liza a deal she can’t refuse—a bet she will fall in love with Cole or a cool half mil goes to charity—the game is on. But neither bet on the real feelings that surface. Could a fake fling turn into an official forever?
Top Ten Things I Like to do at the Ballpark!
by Tracy March
It’s spring, and it’s officially baseball season! If you couldn’t tell from reading The Practice Proposal, I’m a shameless baseball fan, and the Washington Nationals are my team! When I’m lucky enough to get to a game at Nationals Park, here are the top ten things I enjoy doing there.
10. Shopping at the Team Store – This is saying something because I can’t stand to shop, but I’m like an awestruck groupie in the Nationals store where all that bright red and blue is on full display. I love that retailers are thinking about women more, and offering some pretty cool styles of fan gear so us girls can rock our team spirit!
9. Singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame during the Seventh-Inning Stretch – I’m no Adele, but I sure enjoy standing and singing this iconic baseball tune with about 35,000 of my closest fan-friends. It’s traditional, all-American, and quintessentially baseball!
8. The Wave – Not! Please, oh please, could we just let this phenomenon go? Seriously. Enough already! 😉
7. Pre-Game Happy Hour – And not just for the obvious reason—before-the-first-pitch, attractively-priced adult beverages! It’s a great time to socialize and bask in the excitement of just being there in that wonderful stadium, anticipating a big game!
6. Batting Practice – Which comes before/during Happy Hour. If you want to see some players smack some baseballs, check out easy-pitch batting practice when you’re most likely to catch a “home run” ball because so many sail into the stands. Ladies, bring your gloves!
5. Celebrating Awesome Plays with Other Fans – Sure, it’s fun to watch games on television and holler and cheer in your house. But there’s nothing like actually being there and seeing that awesome double-play, that scorched home-run ball, that unbelievable defensive out. It’s exhilarating to share that excitement with other fans at the stadium and it makes the atmosphere electric.
4. Walk-Up Music Fun – I love to hear the tunes that players select for their walk-up music—from country songs, to rock classics, to quirky ‘80s favorites. Often the crowd will sing along, or shout during breaks in the rhythm. Former Nationals player Michael Morse inspired a crowd favorite with his choice of A-Ha’s Take On Me as his walk-up music. Even though the music would stop, in a moment of collective Nattitude, the crowd always continued singing the chorus until they reached the high note. Have a look: http://deadspin.com/5951449/nationals-buoyed-by-fans-magical-a+ha-singalongs-to-take-on-me++and-tonights-was-the-best-yet Feel free to sing along…you know you want to!
3. Eat a Hot Dog – Are there more appealing choices at the park than an often kept-in-the-warmer-too-long, foil-wrapped hot dog topped with mustard and a few onions? Of course there are! But nothing appeals to me more than the traditional fare of a ballpark hot dog—soggy bun and all!
2. Watching Amazing Plays – You could argue that this might be better accomplished watching a television without all the distractions of the game atmosphere, and you’d have a fair point. But there’s something even more awesome about watching the most talented athletes in the sport make nearly impossible plays in person. It’s what keeps me going back to Stub Hub looking for sweet deals on tickets!
1. Watching Hot Guys Make Amazing Plays – Maybe witnessing the talent and skill of pro baseball players competing should be enough entertainment, but I’m all for the sensory overload of watching hot talented and skilled players pouring all their testosterone into the game. Thank goodness the season is six swoon-worthy months long! Play ball, guys!
Next stop on the tour:
About the Author & Links:
Award-winning author Tracy March writes romantic thrillers influenced by her career in the pharmaceutical field, and her interest in science and politics. She also writes lighthearted romances inspired by her real-life happily ever after.
Always up for travel and adventure, Tracy has flown in a stunt plane, snowmobiled on the Continental Divide, ziplined in the Swiss Alps, and been chased by a bull in the mountains of St. Lucia. She loves Nationals baseball, Saturday date nights, and Dairy Queen Blizzards—and rarely goes a day without Diet Coke and Cheez-Its.
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Building a Writing Routine by Carissa Miller & Magnetic Giveaway - Apr 25, 2018
- Hatchet Hollow by Amanda McKinney Excerpt & Giveaway - Apr 24, 2018
- Murder Takes the High Road by Josh Lanyon - Apr 20, 2018