When a tragic accident leaves Rhane Evans — lead vocalist for the rock band Fate’s Crazy — permanently unable to speak above a whisper and kills the love of her life, she moves across the state to pick up the pieces. Shattered, Rhane struggles to understand what happened the night of the accident, an accident everyone blames her for, even though she wasn’t driving the car.
Enter Ian Callahan. He’s the one person who may have a more tumultuous past than Rhane. Though they try hard to deny the sizzling attraction between them, it proves nearly impossible. When Ian’s troubled past threatens to tear them apart, they begin to believe happiness isn’t in their cards.
Because Fate’s Crazy that way…
~ Xpresso BT
” Gwen announces that it’s time to eat and we make our way to the kitchen with T leading the way. I stiffen momentarily when Ian’s fingertips rest gently against my lower back but soon relax beneath his reassuring touch as he guides me forward.
Several times during dinner, I sense Ian’s eyes on me, and I glance up. The first couple of times, I quickly avert my gaze to the plate in front of me. But now, a glass and a half of wine later, it’s getting harder to shift my attention elsewhere. He watches me through hooded eyes, and I refuse to look away. I reach for my wine and swirl the liquid slowly around in the goblet. I take a long swallow and slowly run my tongue around the perimeter of my tingling lips, teasing him. His eyes darken and the corner of his mouth tips into a half smirk.
After we eat, I stand, offering to help Gwen clear the table. Shockwaves of electricity jolt down the center of my back when Ian steps behind me and whispers into my ear. “Thank God you weren’t eating a banana or I might have had to excuse myself from the dinner table for a few minutes.” I draw my lips between my teeth to keep a mad case of giggles from erupting.
“I’ll go bring in some wood for the fire,” Ian offers. Under his breath he mutters low enough only for me to hear, “It’ll be the closest thing to a cold shower I can get away with right now.”
“Do you want me to help?” I whisper playfully.
“No. You’ve done more than enough already,” he shakes his head. Gwen arches an eyebrow at his remark. I understand the meaning behind his words and grin. He shrugs and walks outside with a huge smile on his face. ”
About the Author & Links:
I read, I write, I run 1/2 marathons for fun. Ten things about me:
1. I’m an only child.
2. I love dogs!
3. I was born in Iowa City, Iowa and lived in Iowa my whole life until January 2007.
4. I worked as a professional psychic reader for 2 years.
5. I’m a Pisces Sun, Leo Moon with Aquarius rising.
6. I’ve written 5 books and am in the process of brainstorming a 6th.
7. I don’t look or act my age!
8. I ran my first 1/2 marathon at age 50.
9. I love 80′s hair band music.
10. My day job is as a claims payment analyst for one of Fortune 500 Magazine’s “Top 100 places in America to work.”
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Half by Eli Lang Excerpt & Giveaway - Feb 16, 2017
- Winter Halo by Keri Arthur - Feb 14, 2017
- Leaning Into Love by Lane Hayes Excerpt & Giveaway - Feb 10, 2017