- By Shauna Allen
- Editions: ebook
- Published: May 29th 2013 by Soul Mate Publishing
- Genre: Adult Paranormal / Romance
- Galatine’s Curse by T.J. Green Excerpt & Giveaway - Mar 22, 2018
- Breaking the Rules in a Series by Safari Spell & Long Live Dead Reckless Giveaway - Mar 21, 2018
- Q&A with Jennifer Ellision & Over Raging Tides Giveaway - Mar 20, 2018
He’s gotta earn his wings…again.
Love Detail’s favorite angel has his sights set on his next target: the stoic and mysterious Noble Blackfeather. And it just may prove to be his toughest case yet. Noble’s reclusive ways keep his angel at wing’s distance, and love even further. But he’s not playing a part – he’s truly masking a painful secret and a profoundly wounded heart.
A cupid’s worst nightmare.
Noble’s been paired with Braelyn Campbell, the cute single mother next door. She’s adorable, friendly, fun…everything Noble needs. This should be a Love Squad slam dunk. Except she’s making a fresh start in Texas to protect her son from a volatile ex, and she’s not about to risk her heart or her son on another man. Even if he’s sexy as sin and always coming to her rescue.
Thank God for possibilities.
But, reluctantly, they are drawn together – thanks to their cupid’s dogged efforts and a whole lotta chemistry. Can the girl next door learn to trust again and help heal Noble’s wounded heart? Together, can they save the lost, hurting boy she’s raising? Can the angels help it happen before it’s too late?
Thank God for love.
~ Bewitching BT
1. If you were to describe your e-book/book in only one word, what would it be? Sexmotionaltastic!
2. What would you say inspired you to write it?
Angels and tattoos. I know that doesn’t seem a likely combo, but I love hot tattooed guys and angels! And when Jed from the first book of this series, Inked by an Angel, said that infamous and unplanned line in the prologue, “The Angel made me do it,” my book and series was born.
3. What was the source of inspiration for your protagonist?
Noble was just a dark, mysterious side character in my first book. When I knew he would be the hero in book two, I had to really dig deep and figure out why he was so dark. And I found out he was a deeply wounded soul with lots of secrets. I guess his pain was my true inspiration, as it was for all my characters. What about your antagonist? I don’t have a traditional antagonist as in a “bad guy,” but I do have plenty of emotional drama and internal conflict, which again, is what I excavated for and what inspired me.
4. Your all time favorite book?
Oh, toughie! Well, I’ve always said A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux because it was the first book that made me cry, and we all know how important it is for books to make you feel something. But my new favorite book is Real by Katy Evans! <3
5. What made you pick that one above all others?
It’s super-hot, full of emotion, and Remy taught me what the term “book boyfriend” means!
6. Would you say becoming an author has changed you? In what way?
Only in that I’m much busier, LOL!
7. Was there ever a time, during your work for the e-book/book, when you felt like giving up? What made you change your mind?
No. Never. I’m tenacious that way. Now, I did get discouraged, of course. Bad contest feedback, rejections, etc. But I kept going and I give tons of credit to the support of my family and my AWESOME critique partners/best friends. They truly are my support system that keep my head on straight.
8. What does your day-to-day life consist of? What else do you do, aside writing?
Well, I’m a labor and delivery nurse in my day job, but I’m hoping to step back to doing that part-time soon. I’m also a wife and mother of three teenagers. When I’m not working on my own books, I’m a freelance editor, and assistant to two NYT Bestselling authors. I’m not busy at all! LOL!
9. How do you deal with bad reviews or acid criticism? What would you advise other authors to that effect?
I ignore it the best I can, learn what I can when I can if it’s valid. You can’t please everyone, and I try to remember that even the very bestselling authors (even the ones I LOVE) have bad reviews. Writing is a subjective business . . . like art.
10. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series?
Yes. The Halo Effect is Book II of the Cupid Chronicles. Inked by an Angel, the first book, is available now from Soul Mate Publishing and tells the story of Noble’s best friend Jed, a surly tattoo artist, Kyle, a mousy accountant, and their bumbling Cupid, Michael. Who says God doesn’t have a sense of humor?
Wounded Wings, the third installment, will be out December 2013 from Soul Mate Publishing. In this story, my Cupid, Michael, is back and has his work cut out for him pairing up a fallen brother. Is his heart up for the task? Is such redemption possible?
11. What do you have stored for us in the future? What are you working on/planning on next, aside this title/series?
I have another title, Elvis is a Keeper, releasing August 28, 2013. It tells the story of a spunky female fishing guide, a brutal crime that threatens to tear her family apart, and the unexpected brainy Elvis clone who sweeps into town tempting her heart!
(These characters do briefly show up in Inked by an Angel for those who are paying attention!)
I’m also dabbling in my newest love with a YA novel, but it’s in the blossoming stages right now.
1. If you could wish for any one thing, and it would immediately come true, what would you wish for?
To not have to work my day job anymore.
2. If you were stranded on an isolated island, what’s the one book you’d absolutely wish to have with you?
Real by Katy Evans
3. Name your favorite fruit.
4. Coffee or tea?
5. Favorite season?
6. How about fav time of 24 hours?
7. Were you a boyscout/girlscout?
8. Favorite food for breakfast?
9. Latest book you’ve bought and read?
Taste the Heat by Rachel Harris (Super cute!)
10. Do you collect things, like stamps, or key chains, or shoes?
Do books count?
11. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us!
12. Drama or comedy?
Depends on my mood . . . Today, it’s comedy
13. Have a fav quote or personal motto?
An attitude of gratitude is a never-ending prayer
14. Cats or dogs?
I have both, but I love the self-sufficiency of cats
15. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing?
Dinner by candlelight. With dessert.
About the Author & Links:
Shauna grew up an only child with two open and loving parents in Central Texas. She’s married to her high school sweetheart and is the mother to three fantastic (no, that’s not a typo!) teenagers.
When she’s not writing, editing, or acting as a personal assistant to a NYT Bestselling author, Shauna enjoys reading, movies with Gerard Butler, vacays to the beach, and hangin’ with the kiddos–even if they don’t like hangin’ with her!