They just might survive…if they don’t kill each other first.
Once the future Segestriidae maven, Kaidi lived a privileged life. Now she spends her nights haunting cities ravaged by the plague. Spade in hand, she stalks rows of freshly dug graves for corpses…and then she takes their heads.
Her new life is caked in blood and spattered with gore, but it’s hers. At least until—to her fury—she’s caught napping.
A plague survivor by the skin of his teeth, Murdoch risks his neck to solve the mysteries left in its wake. Bodies have gone missing. Guards have left their posts and never returned home.
When he rouses a female dozing among the dead, he’s unprepared for the violence of her response. Or his. Beneath the grime, she’s lovely. Too bad the blood under her fingernails belongs to his clansmen.
He has no choice but to follow this alluring creature deeper into her world of winged beasts and flesh-eating monsters. She holds the knowledge he craves, but the price is high—and they may both pay for it with their lives.
Warnings: This book contains one heroine in desperate need of a bath and one hero willing to wash away her sins. Expect threats, swears and general cursing. Love is a slippery slope, and these two are sliding.
~ Bewitching BT
Top Five TV/Movie Inspirations
by Hailey Edwards
When I’m on the prowl for inspiration, I’m usually flipping through radio stations to find it. Once in a while, I crave visual inspiration. I have a couple of go-to movies for that and–thanks to a recently acquired Netflix addiction–I have a few new television shows to add to that lineup.
1. Lord of the Rings – This is an old favorite. The story is familiar, the scenery is beautiful, the elves are gorgeous…and…wait… What was I saying? Oh yeah. Something about finding Legolas very visually inspiring.
2. Supernatural – This is a very recent addiction for me. I’ve long admired Dean from afar, but I started watching the show a couple of weeks ago. So far I’ve really enjoyed it. Even if I am a chicken and have to close my eyes and peek through my fingers sometimes. That episode “Everyone Loves A Clown”? Um, no. They don’t.
3. Lost Girl – This show is fun to watch, but not very deep. (Maybe that’s why it’s so fun to watch?) The big attraction here (for me) is the Fae lore. I’m an addict, and I love to watch episodes featuring my favorite creatures or being introduced to new ones.
4. Vampire Diaries – Though I resisted its charms for years, I finally watched this show and I did enjoy it. It was a lot deeper than I gave it credit for, and I’ve enjoyed watching the characters grow. Well, the secondaries at least. Anyone else here on team Klausoline?
5. The Nightmare Before Christmas – While this is a cartoon, I love the dark tone and the edge Halloween creatures lend to the Christmas holiday. Jack is such a great character, and I love Zero. I even have a plush Oogie Boogie.
I never realized how enabling Netflix is for people like me who don’t enjoy TV, but will gorge on streaming shows while online. What other shows have I missed? What are you watching and loving right now?
Leave me a suggestion and you’ll be entered for a chance to win one of my backlist titles in your choice of digital format.
Livia says: Ohohoh! Watching Elementary, old reruns of M.A.S.H. and Seinfeld (for the win!), The Mentalist, Common Law, Castle, Scandal, True Blood, CSI & CSI Miami, NCIS & NCIS:LA, Hannibal (epicdom!) and some Merlin & Teen Wolf now and then 😀 The pattern is pretty obvious here, I seem to have a crush on detectives pretty much 😀
Also, in case you’re wondering, I read book #1 of this series a while ago and it was a good read, very fantasy-rich so if you’re into awesome fantasy worldbuilding, I’d definitely say give this a try.
About the Author & Links:
Born in the Deep South, Hailey is a lifelong resident of Alabama. Her husband works for the local sheriff’s department and her daughter is counting down the days until she’s old enough to audition for American Idol. Their dachshund, Poochie, helps Hailey write by snoozing on his dog bed in her office.
Her desire to explore without leaving the comforts of home fueled her love of reading and writing. Whenever the itch for adventure strikes, Hailey can be found with her nose glued to her Kindle’s screen or squinting at her monitor as she writes her next happily-ever-after.
She loves to hear from readers. Drop her a line here.
You can also swing by her blog or subscribe to her newsletter for all her latest news.
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- The Memory Chamber by Holly Cave - Feb 16, 2018
- Bad Wolf by Jo Raven Excerpt & Giveaway - Feb 14, 2018
- Enchanter Redeemed by Sharon Ashwood Excerpt & Giveaway - Feb 13, 2018