A werewolf reveals what he is to save the love of his life…
When Sylvi comes home to find someone lurking in the apartment she shares with her boyfriend, she realizes her life is in danger. Lukas arrives in time to defend her from the intruder, but she’s shocked to learn Lukas is really a werewolf! Can their love survive his revelation?
Top Five Favorite Werewolf Facts
What can I say? If it were up to me, I’d have a National Werewolf Appreciation Day. I love werewolves. To me there are never too many. I could read them all day long, so the topic for this post came easily to me.
1. Some of the more unique ways for someone to become a werewolf, aside from biting and scratching, were wearing a wolfskin belt as well as sleeping outside on a summer night while the full moon shines on the person’s face.
2. So, you’re a werewolf, want to be cured? Ouch… the cures are pretty cruel. Ancient Romans and Greeks thought you should work the person to exhaustion. Medieval traditions were usually fatal, such as hitting the werewolf in the head with a knife. Sounds like death instead of a remedy to me.
3. Speaking of death, when werewolves die in popular fiction… they remain dead. Not so much in the 1800s. Suspected werewolf corpses were discarded the way one would kill a vampire.
4. Europe wasn’t the only place to have werewolves either. North America had their own kind, which were influenced by the Native Americans’ Wendigo.
5. Surprisingly enough, just like there were witch trials in the older days, there were also werewolf trials, sometimes even combined with the witch trials. One of the most popular cases was Peter Stumpp who is known as The Werewolf of Bedburg of Danvill.
Thanks for stopping by everyone! Who is your favorite werewolf?
” Sylvi turned off the shower and dried herself. She wrapped the large bath towel around her then set off to grab the cordless phone from the living room. There weren’t any flashing lights on the phone to indicate that Lukas had called. Disappointment fluttered in her chest before she shoved it away.
He probably had a busy schedule filled with meetings and schmoozing galore.
She headed for the bedroom and paused in the hallway, staring at the closed door. Had she closed it this morning? Lukas couldn’t be here since he would have come out to greet her. However, he wouldn’t close the bedroom door either. They had no reason to.
She chewed on her lower lip and looked down at the phone. Her thumb hovered over the number nine. Should she call the police? What if no one was there? What if she’d had a strange memory lapse? She’d look like an idiot.
Stop acting like a child, she scolded herself.
Taking a deep breath, she jerked the door open and flipped on the light. Her gaze raked the room. It was decorated in delicate shades of blue and white. She and Lukas had done this together, as a team. The memory brought a smile to her face. Until she saw him…
Demetrius stood by the window overlooking the street, staring into the rainy night. She knew it was him by his overwhelmingly muscular build and shoulder-length brown hair. How had he found her after all these years? They’d experienced a short, wild rendezvous before she’d come to Florida, but it was so over!
“What are you doing here?” Her voice shook slightly. He turned to face her, and she stepped back toward the door.
Tension rose and filled the air.
“Hello to you, too.” He stalked over to the bed. His hands splayed over the blue velvet comforter. “Mmm… Soft. You certainly do have superb taste.” The bed groaned under his weight as he crawled onto the mattress and stared at her.
“What do you want?” Sylvi shivered and pressed herself against the doorframe. She had to get out of here. There was no telling what he’d do, especially with her being so vulnerable.
Demetrius licked his lips and ran his gaze over her as if willing her towel away. “You.”
“That’s too bad because –” Sylvi’s words cut off as Demetrius jumped at her in a graceful leap.
He closed the distance between them like a predator. “You were saying?” A smug grin caressed his lips.
“I was trying to say I have a boyfriend.” She took a step into the hallway, but he grabbed her upper arm and pulled her against his chest. She was five foot five inches, and yet the top of her head barely reached his shoulder. Even when they’d lusted after each other, his towering stature had intimidated her.
“I don’t see anyone else here.” He glanced around the room pointedly.
She shivered, but not entirely from the cool air conditioning. Tendrils of fear chased down her spine. ”
About the Author & Links:
Sarah Mäkelä loves her fiction dark, magical, and passionate. She is a paranormal romance author, but she’s written all over the romance spectrum with cyberpunk, sci-fi, fantasy, urban fantasy…even a sweet contemporary romance!
A life-long paranormal fan, she still sleeps with a night-light. In her spare time, she reads sexy books, watches scary movies (and Ghost Adventures), and plays computer games with her husband. When she gets the chance, she loves traveling the world too.
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Controlled Burn by Erin McLellan Excerpt & Giveaway - Aug 17, 2017
- The Dorchester Five by Peter Manus - Aug 16, 2017
- Masked Possession by Alana Delacroix - Aug 11, 2017