Bold, arrogant, and gorgeous are three words which describe the playboy of International Air, Captain Lance Miller. Unbeknownst, to everyone touching Lance’s life, is the fact Lance harbors a secret, a secret which continues to affect his relationship with all women. Love and trust do not exist in Lance’s world, only lust, sex, dominance, and an occasional busty blond.
Naïve, new hire, Flight Attendant, Lisa Price recently graduated from college and is desperately searching for her destiny, a destiny which at this time does not include a man, especially a pilot. Lisa is driven to succeed in all areas of her life, but she too has a secret. A secret she must choose to be embarrassed by or to honorably embrace.
Is it possible these polar opposites will find passion and trust in each other’s arms, enabling them to relinquish control and share their secrets, or is their attraction far too turbulent to pursue?
Discover Lance & Lisa’s secrets in Book One of the Flyboy Trilogy: Turbulent Passion.
~ Bewitching BT
1. If you were to describe your e-book/book in only one word, what would it be?
2. What would you say inspired you to write it?
For years I wanted to write a book, but life seemed to get in the way. I wanted to write a sexy book, mixed with humor that also provided an optimistic message. Two years ago I began writing Turbulent Passion, but under a different title. One night I had a dream and Turbulent Passion fell into place.
3. Have you ever been hit by the infamous “writer’s block”? What did you do to escape it?
I’ve never suffered from writer’s block, but I am new to the craft. My problem is too many ideas and words coming at once. I can’t seem to get everything on paper fast enough. I use a voice recorder on my phone so when ideas hit me I quickly save them.
4. Your all time favorite book?
Wuthering Heights & Where the Red Fern Grows. (Sorry can’t narrow it down to one)
5. What made you pick that one above all others?
Both of these books introduced me to the love of words and imagination.
6. What’s the longest time you’ve spent working on a project?
Two and a half years to create Turbulent Passion. The story evolved four times. I would think I was finished and then an idea to improve it would hit me.
7. Would you say becoming an author has changed you? In what way?
Yes, I am more in tune to life and emotions. I also enjoy my alone time more. I am able to delve into my ideas for future books and of course the book I am presently creating.
8. Was there ever a time, during your work for the e-book/book, when you felt like giving up? What made you change your mind?
Originally I was trying to find an agent and publisher, so I directed the manuscript to what I felt they wanted. When I received rejection letters I became discouraged, because I knew there was an audience for my story. I am a strong believer in God’s destiny. I believe I was introduced to Lisa Renee Jones and her books for a reason. Lisa Renee introduced me to the Indie world and graciously answered all of my questions. Her encouragement inspired me to continue my path. I can never thank her enough.
9. How do you deal with bad reviews or acid criticism? What would you advise other authors to that effect?
I must admit reviews can hurt, whether it is a literary review or a performance review at a typical 9-5 job. It’s human nature to want approval. Each of us has different taste, different likes and dislikes. There is no way to please everyone. Fortunately, I have more people sending me messages saying they love the book. I do not expect this book to be touted as earth shattering. I want to entertain. When a reader shares they laughed out loud, cried, screamed, and ran to find their significant other for a quickie I forget the one bad review in the bunch.
10. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series?
Turbulent Passion is the first book in the Flyboy Trilogy. Burning Desire is book two and tentatively scheduled for a March release. Book Two picks up after the gut wrenching end of Turbulent Passion. I must be careful what I share, but I will say Lance’s world is turned upside down and Lance hates not being in control. Lance questions everything he has learned and experienced regarding love. In Turbulent Passion, Lance allowed love to enter his life, for the first time. It was extremely difficult for this alpha male to open his heart to someone. In Burning Desire, Lance’s heart plummets to an all-time low causing his emotions to spin out of control, but through his heartache he discovers more about himself allowing his heart to eventually encompass more love than he ever imagined. Lance’s Air Force reserve unit is also called into action. Lance becomes even sexier than ever…which is hard to imagine. Lance is hot! Lance has searched for years for his Goddess, but is Lisa really the woman from his dreams?
11. What do you have stored for us in the future? What are you working on/planning on next, aside this title/series?
As I mentioned earlier my mind goes faster than my fingers, I have two more romance novels in mind, plus a teen trilogy. I absolutely love writing/entertaining my audience.
12. What made you decide to go the self-pub way?
I wanted the story to read as initially intended. Besides the suspense, sex, and love in the book, I want women to learn some of the tricks men play. I want women to know it is okay to wait for real love, rather than lust. I want women to realize that if a man loves you he will wait for you. I didn’t want someone changing the intent behind the story.
13. What would you say was the toughest part?
Learning about marketing and blogging has been the biggest challenge for me. I am happy to say I am catching on, so hopefully the audience will soon catch the “Flyboy Fever,” as word spreads.
14. Did you hire professionals for editing, cover design, formatting?
I did hire a professional for my cover. I used James from GoOnWrite.com and am very pleased. I have a minor in English so I did most of my editing and formatting. I also had a group of ladies as my test readers who also reviewed the grammar, etc.
15. How did you decide who to hire, if you worked with pros?
I perused many cover sites. There are many wonderful pre-made covers available, which are affordable for new authors. This cover jumped out at me. I chose my favorite three covers and put together a test group to choose the final cover.
16. Where is your work being distributed, Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, AllRomanceEbooks/Omnilit, some other distributor? How did you decide which one(s) to go with?
I chose to use Amazon/KDP exclusively for the first three months. I asked several indie authors their opinion of where to distribute. The answers were mixed. I will eventually open Turbulent Passion to other distributors.
17. If you could turn back in time and do things differently, would you? What would you change?
I would advertise the book several months in advance prior to release. But, better late than never…right?
1. If you could wish for any one thing, and it would immediately come true, what would you wish for?
Turbulent Passion to be #1 on the New York Times Best Seller List.
2. If you were stranded on an isolated island, what’s the one book you’d absolutely wish to have with you?
The Dummies Survival Guide for being Stranded on an Isolated Island.
3. Name your favorite fruit.
4. Coffee or tea?
Tea with lemon
5. Favorite season?
Spring, I love flowers.
6. How about fav time of 24 hours?
Late at night when the house is quiet. I love crawling into bed with a good book.
7. Were you a boyscout/girlscout?
I was a Bluebird and Camp Fire Girl.
8. Favorite food for breakfast?
Hmmm my mind is going several directions…Hee-hee. I guess French toast with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
9. Latest book you’ve bought and read?
Beautiful Beginnings, by Christina Lauren. I enjoy the humor they entwine with their steamy stories.
10. Do you collect things, like stamps, or key chains, or shoes?
I collect giraffes! I love them!
11. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us!
Green…Green eyed Goddess, from Turbulent Passion, of course.
12. Drama or comedy?
Rom-Com all the way! Love romantic comedy, with a dash of drama. I love a happily ever after ending.
13. Have a fav quote or personal motto?
Find the Good! In every situation search and find the good. It’s there, dig deep and find it.
14. Cats or dogs?
Both! I have two cats and two dogs. I would rescue every animal if possible.
15. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing?
In my 20’ & 30’s clubbing, but now a romantic dinner by candlelight is perfection.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Book Trailer Contest
Create a book trailer for Turbulent Passion and post it to
or email the link to email@example.com
Viewers may post a comment as their vote for each trailer; you may vote for more than one.
Book trailers may be posted and voted on thru March 17th. Voting will end at midnight CST on March 17, 2014. The winner will be announced March 18, 2014 via facebook, twitter, and my website www.GLRoss.com
The winner will receive a $50.00 Amazon Gift Card.
About the Author & Links:
G.L. Ross is a proud, sixth generation, native Texan. As a true Southern Belle, G.L. has always dreamt of the “happily ever after,” the prince riding in on the white horse sweeping her off her feet. She hasn’t found “Prince Charming” – yet (always an optimist) – but finds him every time she writes about her characters “happily ever after” endings.
Her motto in life is to “always find the good” in every person and situation.
Whether through laughter, prayer, or a glass of wine or vodka, G.L. finds the good in life and shares her sense of humor, love, and adventure in her stories. Take flight with Lance & Lisa in Turbulent Passion, the first book in the Flyboy Trilogy.
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- The Memory Chamber by Holly Cave - Feb 16, 2018
- Bad Wolf by Jo Raven Excerpt & Giveaway - Feb 14, 2018
- Enchanter Redeemed by Sharon Ashwood Excerpt & Giveaway - Feb 13, 2018