- By Becca C Smith & F.M. Sherrill
- Editions: ebook, paperback
- Published: July 7th 2014 by Red Frog Publishing
- Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Shea Harper is forced to stay in boring, hot and dry Phoenix, Arizona for college. But once she meets the enigmatic yet positively egocentric Lucian, Shea’s life changes forever.
She finds out that she comes from a long line of descendants called Vessels. In her soul is the key to destroying an ancient prison protecting the world from darkness itself: Lucian’s father.
Up until now, Lucian has captured every descendant except Shea. With her powers awakening, all vampires want to drag her down to the pit. But Lucian is territorial. She’s the first female Vessel… and he’s convinced she belongs to him.
Saucy and tauntingly surprising, Black Moon captures the struggle between burning alive with desire and castrating the heart. This is a love story that will drain you dry.
~ Bewitching BT
1. If you were to describe your e-book/book in only one word, what would it be?
2. What was the source of inspiration for your protagonist? What about your antagonist?
Protagonist: Shea was inspired by Buffy because she’s a bad-ass chick. And our antagonist: Caelius was inspired by Mark Pellegrino’s portrayal of Lucifer on Supernatural.
3. Have you ever been hit by the infamous “writer’s block”? What did you do to escape it?
Yes! We keep writing! Even if it’s terrible, the important part is to write.
4. What’s the longest time you’ve spent working on a project?
Becca: Still working on one, it’s been almost 20 years.
Faith: Ivory took over 7 years.
5. What does your day-to-day life consist of? What else do you do, aside writing?
We have an Etsy store called GirlsSewingStuffs where we make nerdy plushes of our favorite characters.
6. How do you deal with bad reviews or acid criticism? What would you advise other authors to that effect?
Go to your favorite book of all time and look at the reviews. Guaranteed there are tons of one star reviews! This always helps us.
7. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series?
Yes, it’s a part of trilogy. The next book promises even more surprises and insanity. We’ve already started it and we’re so excited!!
8. What do you have stored for us in the future? What are you working on/planning on next, aside this title/series?
Faith and I are currently editing our next releases of our own. Faith’s is called Cry Wolf and it’s a werewolf apocalypse novel. It will be published in September. Becca just finished the second book in her Atlas Series called Atlas: Grigori Returned and it will be released in August. We’re also working on Black Sunrise and hoping to have it out before the end of the year!
1. If you could wish for any one thing, and it would immediately come true, what would you wish for?
Becca: Enough money to take care of everyone in my life.
Faith: Elemental powers.
2. If you were stranded on an isolated island, what’s the one book you’d absolutely wish to have with you?
Becca: The Elfstones of Shannara
Faith: College Physics book.
3. Name your favorite fruit.
4. Coffee or tea?
5. Favorite season?
6. How about fav time of 24 hours?
Becca: Jack Bauer time
7. Were you a boyscout/girlscout?
8. Favorite food for breakfast?
9. Latest book you’ve bought and read?
Becca: Game of Thrones
Faith: Quiet by Susan Cain
10. Do you collect things, like stamps, or key chains, or shoes?
We try not to collect anything, but we both have a bad habit of buying fabric.
11. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us!
12. Drama or comedy?
13. Have a fav quote or personal motto?
Becca: “Leap and the net will appear.”
Faith: “Oh brave new world that has such people in it.”
14. Cats or dogs?
15. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing?
Dinner by candlelight
About the Author & Links:
Becca C. Smith received her Film degree from Full Sail University and has worked in the Film and Television industry for most of her adult life. In 2010 Becca published her first novel, Riser followed by the sequel, Reaper, in 2011, and the finale, Ripper in 2013. In 2012 Becca wrote the children’s novel Alexis Tappendorf and the Search for Beale’s Treasure. She is also the co-author of the teen graphic novel Ghost Whisperer: The Haunted. Most recently Becca released Atlas, the first book in a new urban fantasy series. She currently lives in Los Angeles, CA with her husband, Stephan and their two cats Jack and Duke.
About the Author & Links:
Aren’t author’s bios boring? I always wanted to read one that went something like this:
F.M. Sherrill: recent citizen of earth. Plans on ruling the planet once she gets over the common cold. Or, F.M. Sherrill: time traveler. Decided to alter the space-time continuum by writing a novel, thus changing history slightly, which will eventually lead to the rise of a new human species.
But here it is. F.M. Sherrill is a novelist, A.K.A. an avid bullshitter; that’s why she lives in L.A.. She’s been writing for as long as her ancient mind can remember, devouring tales like an anemic vampire roaming the streets in hot pink heels, always thirsty for more. When she’s not writing, she’s making steampunk weapons, sewing giant plant-eater Mario plushes, making costumes for some film bloke or cosplayer, and sculpting/casting movie prop replicas while gardening in her urban apartment. Her favorite tools? A soldering iron, a blowtorch, a band saw, a sonic screwdriver, a replicator and an active imagination.
- Star-Crossed Lover Excerpt & Giveaway - Aug 7, 2018
- What Lies in Shadows by Siena Noble Giveaway - Jul 24, 2018
- Paranormal Book Recs by Jennifer Honeybourn & When Life Gives You Demons Giveaway - Jul 17, 2018