For as long as she can remember, Seraphina Cross has experienced these visions that made her feel like there was more to life. It wasn’t until one moment, one accident that her life changed forever. She awakens the next day a new person in more ways than one. With no recollection of past night’s events, she’s forced to adapt to certain sensations she is experiencing all while trying to piece together what exactly happened to her that fateful night.
Her strange, hectic life doesn’t seem to make sense until she meets a handsome stranger. Only then does the puzzle finally piece itself together. What she doesn’t expect is the new powers she has developed attracting all kinds of unwanted attention.
Thrown into a world she never truly believed existed she is forced to come to grips with who she is becoming while staying out of trouble long enough to figure out what needs to be done to fulfill her destiny.
~ Bewitching BT
Driving home I try to focus on the road, but my mind won’t seem to cooperate. Tears begin to well up in my eyes as I’m driving down the lonely, deserted street. Staring out the windshield through my tears I can’t help but think the scenery is just how I feel inside, alone and dead. It’s just a normal December night outside, but I can feel it coming for me. The darkness and depression creeping up on me like a monster in the night.
I pull up to my house, put my car in park, and pause for a second. I sit with my hands still on my steering wheel staring down the empty dead-end street, not hearing the radio blasting, breathing in the darkness, and finally accepting the depression that’s coming. Tears are streaming down my face now, smearing the mascara I was wearing. Resting my head on the steering wheel, I allow the tears to stream down my pale cheeks. I can’t get control of all the emotions swirling up inside of me, it seems like all I can do is release them. My mind wanders from the freakiness of my date, to my dreams, to the psychic encounter, to the weird feelings I’ve been having and back again. I can’t help but feel like this world will never be enough. I will never be truly whole because part of me lives in another realm. I will never be truly content with this life, I have this overwhelming feeling that I’m waiting for something, something else, something… more. ”
1. What would you say inspired you to write the novel?
Seraphina was inspired by a dream I had one night
2. What was the source of inspiration for your protagonist? What about your antagonist?
Sera is based on my depression and overwhelming sense for more out of life. As for the antagonist, I’m always a sucker for a classic good vs evil story
3. Have you ever been hit by the infamous “writer’s block”? What did you do to escape it?
Oh my God! All the time! There’s several techniques I’ve developed: 1.) start writing on another book to get my mind off of it. 2.) just walk away- go for a walk, watch a movie, read a book, just relax your mind. Or 3.) Push through it, outline like crazy, reread/rewrite just get it done.
4. Would you say becoming an author has changed you? In what way?
I’m definitely happier and content, writing has given me a sense of fulfillment I was looking for.
5. Was there ever a time, during your work for the e-book/book, when you felt like giving up? What made you change your mind?
YES! My family and friends are biggest supporters they’d never let me give up.
6. What does your day-to-day life consist of? What else do you do, aside writing?
I spend the mornings at Starbucks or the library and I do Medical Billing at night—hey a girl’s gotta eat!
7. How do you deal with bad reviews or acid criticism? What would you advise other authors to that effect?
At first I cry, doubt my whole existence, crawl under the covers and eat Ben & Jerry’s until I gain 10lbs. – I’m just kidding! I have to be honest it hurts, but I try to use criticism to make my next book even better.
8. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series?
Yes, Seraphina is probably going be a trilogy. I’ve got big things in store for Sera, maybe some drama between Nate and Jack,
9. What do you have stored for us in the future? What are you working on/planning on next, aside this title/series?
I am also working on a YA Dystopian book (hopefully series) and a spin off of the Seraphina Series. Plus a few other Romance novellas in the works.
10. What made you decide to go the self-pub way?
Self publishing seemed like my best option at the time. I’m a control freak and self publishing gave me the most control over my books. Also I’m impatient—I didn’t want to wait months to get a rejection letter when I can just click publish and wing it.
11. What would you say was the toughest part?
Promo and marketing. I went into this completely unknowledgeable. It took me a while to get my hustle on. Even now I find out something I never knew.
12. Did you hire professionals for editing, cover design, formatting?
My editing was done by my mom and a few of her friends. Formatting was handled by me and a bunch of youtube videos. My first covers were pretty amateur so I decided to hire someone for that. I mean you shouldn’t judge a book by the cover, but lets face it—people do!
13. How did you decide who to hire, if you worked with pros?
I Googled various images and I clicked on a few before I found her website on Deviant Art. I sent her a message and it all went from there.
14. How long did the production part take, from the moment you began working on the manuscript to self-pub to when you hit ‘Publish’?
I started writing in January of 2013 and hit publish December of 2013.
15. Where is your work being distributed, Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, AllRomanceEbooks/Omnilit, some other distributor? How did you decide which one(s) to go with?
My book is currently only on Amazon because it’s enrolled in the KDP Select program. I did my research and felt like they had the best promotional opportunities.
16. If you could turn back in time and do things differently, would you? What would you change?
I definitely would have done more research beforehand, but like I said I’m very impatient!
1. If you could wish for any one thing, and it would immediately come true, what would you wish for?
Success like JK Rowling or Stephenie Meyer—incliding the movie deal!
2. If you were stranded on an isolated island, what’s the one book you’d absolutely wish to have with you?
Harry Potter—it’s the only book I can re-read numerous times
3. Name your favorite fruit.
Is pumpkin a fruit? I never know! I think technically it is, well needless to say I’m a huge pumpkin fan!
4. Coffee or tea?— Coffee!!
5. Favorite season? Summer
6. How about fav time of 24 hours? I’m definitely a night owl
7. Favorite food for breakfast? There’s nothing like a good old fashioned Bacon, egg and Cheese on a bagel
8. Latest book you’ve bought and read? I just purchased The Selection and Shatter Me
9. Do you collect things, like stamps, or key chains, or shoes? I collect books like they are going out of style
10. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us! – I’m classic pink girl
11. Drama or comedy? Comedy—I love to laugh
12. Have a fav quote or personal motto? “Everything happens for a reason”
13. Cats or dogs? I love both but if I had to choose—cats because they require less maintenance
14. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing?—Dinner by candlelight—I’m a hopeless romantic
This book will be free on Amazon for the Kindle August 4th – August 8th !
a Rafflecopter giveaway
About the Author & Links:
Sheena is a born and raised New Yorker, even her writing can’t hide her hard sarcasm. Like some she went to college blindly and spend her early years trying to decide which path to take, dabbling in various jobs and career ventures, such as modeling, clinical psychology, retail, and medical billing. All before destiny lead her to writing again. She constantly strives to be a positive role model and write stories that empower and inspire.
Sheena always roots for the underdog, believes in love at first sight, and that everyone should have their happily ever after. While God is currently writing her love story she continues to put all her time into her writing as she is constantly getting new inspiration.
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Building a Book: From Real Life to Story by J. Mercer & Dark & Stormy Giveaway - Nov 22, 2017
- Poison by Galt Niederhoffer - Nov 17, 2017
- Q&A with Amy Snyder & Unfinished Giveaway - Nov 16, 2017