Two women. One terrible crime. Zero allies.
After being raped by a superior officer, MA3 Kim Lockhoff wants to leave the whole thing in the past. A cop herself, she knows all too well that it’s her word—and slutty reputation—against that of a respected Navy officer.
MA2 Reese Marion, a tough cop hiding her own trauma behind a hard-as-nails exterior, has no patience for pretty little princesses who use their cleavage to win favor with the guys. But when Reese is partnered with Kim, she slowly realizes that reputations can lie. Kim is whip-smart, ambitious—and scared. The man who attacked her won’t let anything damage his career, least of all Kim . . . or the baby she’s carrying as a result.
Isolated on Okinawa, thousands of miles away from home, the two women lean hard on each other. But when Kim confides in Reese, she unwittingly puts her new lover—and both of their careers—in the line of fire. Now her attacker just might have the leverage he needs to keep her quiet for good.
Guest Post: Fact or Crap
by Lauren Gallagher
It’s time to play Fact or Crap again!
Two of the following “facts” are crap. Post your guesses in the comments. Anyone who gets one correct will be entered into a drawing for an ebook off my backlist (this is separate from the overall blog tour winner), and anyone who gets both correct will automatically win two ebooks.
Ready? Here we go!
1. The author actually knows someone in the Navy with the nickname “Razor Wire.”
2. Lauren lived on Okinawa, where Razor Wire is set, for three years.
3. Lauren Gallagher will be contributing a lesbian romance to the Bluewater Bay series.
4. Lauren also writes as L.A. Witt, and will be launching two more pen names in 2015—Lori A. Witt and Ann Gallagher.
5. Though Razor Wire is the first Lauren Gallagher book set on Okinawa, L.A. Witt has written multiple titles there, including Conduct Unbecoming and General Misconduct.
6. Speaking of Conduct Unbecoming, one of the main characters, Eric, makes a brief cameo in Razor Wire.
7. As research for this book, especially the criminal investigation, Lauren interviewed several Navy master-at-arms (cops).
8. In addition to lesbian titles, Lauren has also published heterosexual and bisexual romances.
9. Lauren’s erotic short story in Riptide’s What This Woman Wants lesbian sampler was her first ever piece of lesbian fiction.
Every comment on this blog tour enters you in a drawing for a choice of two eBooks off my backlist (as L.A. Witt or Lauren Gallagher; excludes Razor Wire) and a $10 Riptide Publishing store credit. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on December 28th, and winners will be announced on December 29th. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries.
About the Author & Links:
Lauren Gallagher is an abnormal romance writer currently living in the wilds of Omaha, Nebraska. She and her husband, along with a coyote-iguana hybrid and two and a half cats, are thought to be in hiding from the Polynesian Mafia and a debt collector in search of a fine for an overdue book from the Library of Alexandria. Lauren continues to skillfully, if somewhat clumsily, elude them, but continues to have run-ins with her arch nemesis, M/M erotic romance author L. A. Witt. The implementation of Operation: I Don’t Think So is expected to resolve that problem soon enough.
Lauren’s backlist is available on her website, and updates (as well as random thoughts and the odd snarky comment) can be found on her blog or on Twitter ().
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Losing It by Christine d’Abo Excerpt & Giveaway - Feb 22, 2018
- Lover, Lover by Liv Olteano Playlist, Excerpt & Giveaway - Feb 20, 2018
- The Memory Chamber by Holly Cave - Feb 16, 2018