For Christian Darringer, life isn’t worth living. Just back from the Middle East; scarred and with permanent damage to one leg, he does not think anyone will want him for anything. Meeting a gorgeous man he finds himself thinking about constantly is not in his plans. Pulled toward the startling younger man with striking blue eyes, he begins to question a lot of things – especially his sexuality. Not one to hide from a challenge, he plunges ahead only to find himself more than just attracted to Logan who is full of life and joy, he finds himself head over heels in love.
Logan Mannette has almost everything he ever wanted: loving parents, happiness, friends and security. The only thing missing is finding the love of his life, a love that is just like his parents’. When he meets Christian at a party, everything changes. Instantly attracted, he does his best to help this sad man and quickly finds himself feeling more than he has ever felt before. Raised in a domestic discipline household, he holds that ideal as what he wants but his interest in spanking became a fetish and when Christian admits that he wants to be spanked, Logan believes he might have found the perfect man.
Just as everything begins for them, Christian’s past intercedes and one of his brothers makes waves about him dating a man. If it weren’t for Logan’s support, he might fold; but with the love of one amazing man, Christian finds that living his life rather than just existing is as natural as breathing.
~ Pride Promotions
Shaking his head, Christian placed a hand on his arm. “Naw. I walk by the river all the time. I think I’d like to walk.”
Logan watched him, as if trying to make up his mind if Christian meant it or not. When he figured he did, he beamed. “Great. There is this cool piece of art you have got to see.”
1. If you were to describe your e-book/book in only one word, what would it be?
2. What would you say inspired you to write it?
– I actually started it as a short-story for a Christmas call. By the end of chapter 2, it was beyond that and I knew it would be more. Logan and Christian just kept talking to me.
3. What’s the longest time you’ve spent working on a project?
– The first book I had published was a work-in-progress for over five years. It took me that long to either put up or shut up 😀
4. Would you say becoming an author has changed you? In what way?
– I’ve always been an author. From the time I was a tiny kid and made up stories. Being a published author has helped me to fine tune my craft and truly appreciate my abilities.
5. Was there ever a time, during your work on the e-book/book, when you felt like giving up? What made you change your mind?
– For me the ‘giving up’ part came from the publishing wheel. After having been turned down for other manuscripts, I was afraid to submit this one as I loved these two characters so much and really didn’t want to deal with a rejection. I came from a self-pubbing background and had decided to self-publish it when a couple friends suggested their publisher. I chose to give them a shot and ta-da! It finally saw the light of day.
6. What does your day-to-day life consist of? What else do you do, aside writing?
– I don’t know that I have a ‘normal’ day-to-day life. But the things I do every day are: gym twice a day for an hour each, social marketing, writing, editing, and to end the day: reading.
7. How do you deal with bad reviews or acid criticism? What would you advise other authors to that effect?
– My personal philosophy is ‘don’t read reviews’. Sure, we (as authors) love reading the good stuff, or even the reviews that are constructive criticism. Unfortunately, some reviewers like to be mean and vicious. I’m not sure why. It’s kind of sad, really. But as such, I rarely go looking at the reviews on such websites as Goodreads or Amazon. My stance is: their opinion is none of my business.
8. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series?
– This is the first in a trilogy. Let me put it this way: In this book, Logan helps Christian. In book two: Took My Breath Away, Christian returns the favor. In book three: Breathe Each Other In, the two of them have to make some tough decisions on their way to figuring out who they are as a couple.
1. If you could wish for any one thing, and it would immediately come true, what would you wish for?
– the love of my life to be here. If I could just blink my eyes and he would appear 😉
2. If you were stranded on an isolated island, what’s the one book you’d absolutely wish to have with you?
– I’d have to say, if I were to be stranded on an isolated island, I’d rather have a HUGE notebook than a book. That way, I could write down all the stuff that constantly goes on in my head. Otherwise I’d have to get a stick and start writing it in the sand, and that would be a pain.
3. Name your favorite fruit.
– Oh, that one’s easy. Strawberries. Everything should be strawberries. Every day.
4. Coffee or tea?
– Actually my main drink is water. I so rarely drink caffeine that when I do need a jolt, I drink Pepsi.
5. Favorite season?
– Probably winter. I love it when it’s cold outside and I have to huddle up in a warm blanket inside. Second to it is spring.
6. Favorite food for breakfast?
– Cheerios. No milk. Just pour the dry cereal into a bowl and crunch it that way. Nom nom nom
7. Latest book you’ve bought and read?
– Hell & High Water by Charlie Cochet, first in the THIRDS series. Absolutely brilliant! I’m halfway through book two now.
8. Do you collect things like stamps, or key chains, or shoes?
– I collect books. Seriously. It’s a huge addiction for me. I love ‘em in print and will one day have a huge library to house them in.
9. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us!
– It depends. For non-clothing, my favorite color is teal green. But for clothes? I love fabulous in red 😉
10. Drama or comedy?
– I can only handle drama if it has a huge douse of comedy. So comedy first.
11. Have a fav quote or personal motto?
– “The only thing to fear if fear itself.”
12. Cats or dogs?
– I’m a dog person. Cats have wonderful personalities but their high-faluttin’ attitudes are a bit much for me. Give me a dog who always wants to be with me and is a cuddler and I’m good.
13. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing?
– Dinner by candlelight. I’m not a club kind of person. Too many people and far too many jazzed up emotions. Give me a night with a special person and I’ll be all sorts of horny…err, I mean happy.
14. What first came to mind after reading question no. 1 of the Fun Facts section? I mean that thing that you reconsidered after giving it more thought 😛
– I would still say my love. Though I would be quite happy with a few million dollars as well.
1. Your top secret, uber guilty pleasure is… – Ben & Jerry’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream. It’s a good thing I’ve developed an allergy to peanuts or I could eat it by the tumblerfull.
2. If everyone would receive a prize for being best at something, you’d be no. 1 at… – Being a believer that my dreams will come true.
3. The one thing you’d do anything to avoid/get out of is… – go on blind dates. Seriously, I’d rather clean the toilet bowl with a toothbrush.
4. Your favorite part of a date is… – When it’s over. Or, tossing the guy out of the bed when he yells, “Come now!” Who the hell decided this was a smart thing to do?
5. If a character from any book could become real and you could spend a day with them, it would be… from the book… – Hmmm, interesting question. If I had to choose just one (and you know that’s almost impossible, right?) I would have to choose Phillip from the Falls Chance Ranch series. Man, I would love to have someone like him in my life.
6. You were/are a hardcore fan of… – The two series that I never have to think about before getting the book are the Falls Chance Ranch series by Rolf and Ranger and SPECTR by Jordan L. Hawk.
7. You’d immediately fall for someone who… – is smart, with a good dry sense of humor, and has a knack for the impossible. Because you know, impossible is made up of the words I’m Possible.
8. The one thing you could/can never get over is... – Someone cheating. That’s a deal breaker.
9. If you could have any one superpower, it would be… – the ability to breathe, exist in outerspace. That would be awesome.
10. The awesomest thing in your life is… – knowing that I create my own reality. It takes a lot of weight off the future. 🙂
About the Author & Links:
Thianna loves to write strong stories with even stronger heroes. While all of her books have an erotic overtone, it is the story that is the most important to her. “The story should be able to stand on its own. The erotic elements are an add-on.”
She enjoys writing about couples with kink, paranormal couples, and straight out strangeness. But more on that later…
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- The Memory Chamber by Holly Cave - Feb 16, 2018
- Bad Wolf by Jo Raven Excerpt & Giveaway - Feb 14, 2018
- Enchanter Redeemed by Sharon Ashwood Excerpt & Giveaway - Feb 13, 2018