Bad boy Zane Wolfe has always been wild and reckless. Even though he’s hot for his high school sweetheart, Candi Brooks, settling down has never been in his plans. Beyond that, he’s changing in strange ways—and begins to wonder if there’s truth to the local folklore that claims his family is cursed to be werewolves…
There’s never been a time when waitress Candi didn’t have a serious weakness for Zane and his intense, dark sex appeal. She craves him. But after her life changes dramatically, and Zane won’t commit, Candi’s reached her limit. She can’t wait forever…so she’s taking her heart off the table before it gets good and broken.
Something mysterious is going on in Wolfe Creek, and danger stalks Candi. Zane will do anything he can to protect her. But the one person she needs protection from might just be him…
~ Bewitching BT
The bike pulled up alongside her, its rider dragging one boot along the pavement.
“Don’t hey baby me, you son of a bitch.”
“I take it you’re mad.”
Candi glared at the sidewalk ahead, refusing to look over. “Why would you think that?”
“Because you only call me names when we’re fighting or having sex. And we’re not having sex.”
“Go to hell, Zane.”
“Hey!” He pulled the bike up to the curb and cut the engine. She walked faster, her purse slapping her butt as she went.
Trotting up behind her, he grabbed her arm.
“Let me go.”
She might as well have been talking to a brick wall. Communication with Zane wasn’t easy when there was something he was set on. And right now he was set on her.
That was usually enough to make her want to step out of her panties and right into his bed. But not tonight. Tonight she
was ticked, wanting to level him with one well-placed punch.
“Not until you talk to me,” he said evenly. He’d brought her to a standstill on the sidewalk, but she still wouldn’t look at him. He smelled fantastic, but she wasn’t going to let that sway her either.
Putting two fingers on her chin, he tried to move her head, but she wasn’t having it. What she really wanted to do was kick him square in the balls.
“You think you can just turn on that charm whenever you want, and it’ll get you off the hook? Is that what you think?”
His fingers trailed lightly down her throat in response. She trembled, unable to help it.
“Save it,” she said, batting his hand away. Then she did look at him. A huge mistake. He was absolutely gorgeous. His long black hair hung loose next to his face. His dark
eyes glittered in the light of the street lamp overhead. There was a slight bruising along one pronounced cheekbone, something she’d normally stand on her tiptoes to kiss. He wore a faded leather bomber jacket, her favorite. It made him look dangerous. And she’d always liked that. Until now.
Wrapping her arms around herself as if to provide some kind of protection, she regarded him sadly. “How long do
you expect me to wait for you, Zane? How long is it going to take for you to change?”
His jaw muscles bunched. The Native American ancestry he shared with his brother Koda had never been more marked. He looked dark and sexy, and more than a little angry.
1. Your all time favorite book?
Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
2. What made you pick that one above all others?
It’s such a sweeping saga. It’s one of those books that you pick up and can’t put down. When I was reading it, I’d be absorbed for hours, then look up and be surprised I was in my own living room. My favorite kind of reading experience!
3. Would you say becoming an author has changed you? In what way?
Definitely! I’m a very sensitive person by nature. Being an author toughens you up I’m also more confident that I can accomplish things I wouldn’t necessarily think I’d be able to before. Growing up, it was my dream to write a book, but I never thought I’d actually be able to do it. Having written several now, it makes me feel like a bit of a superhero. Able to edit a paragraph in a single bound! That kind of thing. I know. Dork.
4. Was there ever a time, during your work on the e-book/book, when you felt like giving up? What made you change your mind?
There’s never been a book that I’ve written that I didn’t feel like giving up on at one point or another. I think that’s pretty normal. But you get to a certain point in the story and even though your characters might not be cooperating, and the book isn’t going in the direction you’d planned, you’ve put too much time in to quit. I’ve found that it’s always better to stick it out, even if you feel like what you’re writing stinks. You can always go back and fix it! And most of the time, it’s better than you think. It’s just practically impossible to be objective in the middle of writing a book.
5. How do you deal with bad reviews or acid criticism? What would you advise other authors to that effect?
Bad reviews are super hard to deal with. It’s almost like someone saying your kid is ugly. They hurt because as an author, you pour your heart and soul into this creative process and by the end, you love your book and the characters inside it. But saying that, negative feedback is inevitable. It’s all part of the gig. The best thing to do is let yourself wallow for a short amount of time, then pick yourself up and dust yourself off. You’re never gonna please everyone. It’s impossible. Reading books is way too subjective.
6. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series?
Hunter of Her Heart is part of the Wolfe Creek Series for Entangled’s Covet line. This is the second book of three. The third book is Aimee Style’s story, and of course there will be a lot of love, romance and sexy times 😉
7. If you could wish for any one thing, and it would immediately come true, what would you wish for?
Cellulite free thighs! (And of course, world peace.)
8. If you were stranded on an isolated island, what’s the one book you’d absolutely wish to have with you?
Bag of Bones by Stephen King.
9. Name your favorite fruit.
Raspberry donut. I’m going with it.
10. Favorite season?
11. How about fav time of 24 hours?
12. Favorite food for breakfast?
13. Latest book you’ve bought and read?
Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty.
14. Do you collect things like stamps, or key chains, or shoes?
I Love Lucy memorabilia.
15. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us!
16. Drama or comedy?
17. Cats or dogs?
Dogs (Puppies. All kinds of puppies.)
18. What song have you listened to most recently?
Heaven Is a Place on Earth by Belinda Carlisle.
19. Your oldest memory is… Getting my picture taken with my big brother. I remember my dad telling him to put his arm around me and smile. I was about fifteen months old. Interesting that I can remember this, but can’t remember where I put my car keys on a daily basis.
20. The one thing you’d do anything to avoid/get out of is… Grocery shopping
21. If a character from any book could become real and you could spend a day with them, it would be… from the book… Mike Noonan from Bag of Bones
22. You’d immediately fall for someone who… Did the dishes and told me I looked good in a bathing suit.
23. The one thing that always brightens your day is… Chocolate. I know it’s cliché, but it’s sooooo good.
24. The awesomest thing in your life is… My hubby and sweet girls. I love my family! Even when they’re driving me cray cray.
About the Author & Links:
For Kaylie Newell, writing ranks right up there with the things she loves most in life- falling somewhere behind her family, but ahead of Bradley Cooper (which says a lot). She fell in lust with the romance genre when she was about thirteen and began sneaking her mother’s paperbacks from the bedside table. After acne, college, marriage and kids, she decided to take a crack at writing one herself. Turned out to be the best adventure she’s ever taken. When she’s not dreaming up her next book, she’s usually eating chocolate or walking the family mutt. In that order.
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Star-Crossed Lover Excerpt & Giveaway - Aug 7, 2018
- What Lies in Shadows by Siena Noble Giveaway - Jul 24, 2018
- Paranormal Book Recs by Jennifer Honeybourn & When Life Gives You Demons Giveaway - Jul 17, 2018