Cate’s enemies aren’t just surrounding her―they’re inside her head.
Therapist Cate Duncan has just accepted a job with the MacGregor Group, a unique collective of alternative healers. She’s excited by the prospect of honing her empathic healing techniques among others like herself―aura readers, telepaths, crystal healers, and more. The fact that Cate just started dating Ben, her magnetic new boss, is an added bonus.
Before Cate can settle into her new routine, the poisoning of a prominent neuroscientist draws the entire MacGregor Group into both a federal investigation and an even more insidious threat. Protected by Ben’s former Marine Corps unit, Cate and her colleagues must use their alternative healing methods to solve the crime as their patient clings to life. The responsibility of discovering crucial information falls to Cate and her parapsychological powers.
But for Cate, unraveling the mystery means reopening wounds that had just begun to heal―and in the environment of the Marine Corps unit, differences between Cate and Ben become clearer, straining their budding romance. When a new crisis looms, Cate must trust in her colleagues’ gifts and the strength of Ben’s love, finding the courage to confront her deepest and most terrifying demons―or her own life will be at risk.
~ Bewitching BT
1. If you were to describe your e-book/book in only one word, what would it be?
2. What would you say inspired you to write it? ?
ALL THE WOUNDS IN SHADOW was originally inspired by thinking about how true love can overcome every obstacle, in some cases even transcending death.
3. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series? ?
Yes, ALL THE WOUNDS IN SHADOW is the second book in The Healing Edge paranormal romantic suspense series. The first book, ALL THE BROKEN PLACES, introduces Cate Duncan, a therapist who is struggling to cope after her mother’s death. Cate’s world is forever transformed when she learns that she is an empath and is asked to join the MacGregor Group, a clinic staffed by a unique group of paranormally gifted individuals. She also has to deal with unexpected feelings she develops for the clinic’s manager, Ben, a psychologist and Marine Corps veteran.
Right now, I’m in the midst of final edits on the third book in the series, ALL THE LIGHT THERE IS, which is coming out in Spring/Summer 2017. This is the exciting conclusion to the trilogy, bringing all of the members of the MacGregor Group together to face the rise of an ominous new threat. Meanwhile, Cate and Ben continue on the journey of their tender yet tumultuous romance. I can’t wait to share it with readers!
4. What do you have stored for us in the future? What are you working on/planning on next, aside this title/series? ?
I’m currently planning an edgy, wild urban fantasy novel set in a hospital. It will likely turn into a series. The characters—a unique and witty group—have been bugging me for over a year to write their story, so I’m excited to get started on it!
Fun facts: :
1. If you could wish for any one thing, and it would immediately come true, what would you wish for? ?
An end to all types of suffering.
2. If you were stranded on an isolated island, what’s the one book you’d absolutely wish to have with you? ?
“Outlander.” In addition to being one of my favorite books, it has something for every mood.
3. Name your favorite fruit. ?
Mango, especially in a smoothie.
4. Coffee or tea? ?
Coffee, light and sweet.
5. Favorite season? ?
Fall, hands down!
6. How about fav time of 24 hours? ?
Between 10 pm and 1 pm, when my brain comes out to play.
7. Favorite food for breakfast? ?
An old-fashioned diner breakfast: eggs and bacon, home fries, fruit, and toast.
8. Latest book you’ve bought and read? ?
“Visions” by Kelley Armstrong.
9. Do you collect things like stamps, or key chains, or shoes? ?
I like to think that the shoes are functional, but if you looked in my closet, you’d probably be justified in saying that I’m a collector.
10. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us! ?
Sea glass green.
11. Drama or comedy? ?
If I had to choose, comedy. Life creates enough drama!
12. Have a fav quote or personal motto? ?
“We must just KBO.” –Winston Churchill
13. Cats or dogs? ?
Dogs. (I love cats, too, but I’m allergic.)
14. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing? ?
Dinner by candlelight. When I dance, people move out of the way—out of fear, not admiration.
15. What song have you listened to most recently? ?
“I’m Kissing You” by Des’ree.
16. What first came to mind after reading question no. 1 of the Fun Facts section? I mean that thing that you reconsidered after giving it more thought 😛 ?
The first thing that came to mind was “world peace,” because I’ve watched “Miss Congeniality” so many times!
1. If everyone would receive a prize for being best at something, you’d be no. 1 at… ?
Acting silly around children and animals.
2. The one thing you could/can never get over is… ?
The fact that no matter how old I get, I always feel like I’m in my early twenties.
3. The one thing that always brightens your day is… ?
When my husband walks into the room.
About the Author & Links:
Author Anise Eden writes The Healing Edge paranormal romantic suspense series for Diversion Books. She spends most of her time tucked away in her writing nook imagining things that aren’t there. On those rare occasions when she emerges from seclusion, Anise may be spotted in coffee shops, staring at her laptop screen and silently moving her lips as she reviews bits of dialogue. Although Anise claims that she’s the one in charge, the characters in her head do sometimes make her laugh out loud at inappropriate moments.
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Murder Takes the High Road by Josh Lanyon - Apr 20, 2018
- Flesh Into Fire by J.A. Huss & Johnathan McClain Excerpt & Giveaway - Apr 19, 2018
- Bound by Alexandrea Weis & Lucas Astor - Apr 18, 2018