Rescue Mission: In Progress…please stand by
Escape Marine Research: Complete. Survival mode activated…
Shay and her Optional Human Parent Darla escape Dr. Cole and make it across the Miami border from the Marine Research Facility, but their safety comes at a hefty price. Shay thought hitting Eric in the head would save him from being reset, but there was too much blood. She has no idea if he survived or what will happen to N.I.C. without her there.
Capture of S.H.A.Y. initiated. Hybrid hunter released…
If a highly skilled hybrid hunter tracking her through the streets of Miami isn’t enough to worry about, Shay’s corporate sponsor Endre wants something from her too. Threats are in motion to terminate N.I.C. and pull the plug on Shay’s A.M.I.E., essentially killing them both. Shay has no choice but to make a deal with Endre to create inventions for him to sell to potential financial sponsors. But when he ups the stakes and wants Shay to help create a weapon of war, she refuses. She’ll just have to find another way to save N.I.C. and find Eric.
Shay’s death is certain. There is nowhere else to run…
Shay has an impossible choice—be captured by the hybrid hunter on the streets or unlinked from A.M.I.E. for refusing to help Endre. Either way, everything she’s fought so hard to save will be lost. Love has always been stronger than science, though.
And maybe this time…Shay is the one to be rescued.
~ Bewitching BT
Novella Three in the Almost Series
“The hybrid is released…”
I raced over to the containment cell, lifting the doors. Clouds of what looked like steam blew in my face and I coughed. Subject 31 did not move.
Was she dead?
How long had she been in there? My only friend was locked up because of me. It was time she was set free. Would she remember what I did? Did she think I was the enemy? Was I?
Amie faded. “Don’t let anything happen to my little girl.”
Sharp pains shot through me. What was I to my mother?
I shook the thought away and peeked inside the containment.
A girl with short blonde hair and dark eyes who resembled my Amie sat with her knees tucked into her chest.
“Shay 31?” I said.
She glanced up. “Have you found a cure for me?”
I shook my head. “Not yet.” I couldn’t swallow. Does she not remember me? “We’re still working as hard as we can to fix you.”
“Why are you taking me out of containment?”
My lips trembled. “I need your tracking skills to find my little sister. Would you be willing to find her?”
“Where is she?”
“She’s escaped into Miami.”
“That’s a huge place. Have you ever been?”
I shook my head.
“How long do I have to find her before I die?”
“How long, S.H.A.Y. subject 59?”
She did remember me.
“It’s Dr. Cole.”
“How long, 59?”
“I’m not coming back from this trip, am I?”
“I just need my sister found,” I said. “Then you’ll be put safely back into containment until we discover a cure for you.”
“I thought you were my friend,” she said. “I was nothing but an experiment to you.”
I stiffened. “That was a long time ago.”
“Now you want me to help you find someone you claim is your sister? What do you plan to do to her?”
“Nothing, her sponsors want her alive and immediately back in this facility.”
“If I do this, I don’t want to go back inside here to rot.”
“Our Amie says you must go back inside immediately.”
Subject 31 shook her head. “I said no.”
“Please just find my sister before something detrimental happens to her.”
Subject 31 stepped out of her containment, stretching her limbs. She was tall and lanky with a sharpness in her eyes. “My body feels so achy.”
“Thank you for helping me.”
She shrugged. “I just want out of that box. Please tell our Amie that I’m ready for phase four.”
“Phase four?” I stepped aside. “What are you talking about?”
“It’s none of your concern. Tell our mother what I’ve said.” She sniffed the air, using her hybrid senses…
1. Have you ever been hit by the infamous “writer’s block”? What did you do to escape it? ? Yes, many times. When this happens I usually start another chapter, take a break or work on a different book altogether. Sometimes, getting up and moving locations changes your whole mood and really helps.
2. Your all time favorite book? ? Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
3. What made you pick that one above all others? ? It was the first book that made me cry happy tears as a child.
4. What’s the longest time you’ve spent working on a project? ? The Gadaie Series, I’ve been developing and writing as long as I could imagine. It’s the world I grew up in and the stories never end, even now.
5. What does your day-to-day life consist of? What else do you do, aside writing? ? I work for a hurricane impact manufacturer in Delray Beach, Florida, then after my day job, I do web design part time.
6. How do you deal with bad reviews or acid criticism? What would you advise other authors to that effect? ? It can hurt, but the fact that someone took the time to write a review shows your work was worthy enough to have them invest their time into it and so I try to take what I can from it and swallow the rest.
7. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series? ? Yes! This is book 3 in the ALMOST Series. You can expect some romantic elements in Book 4!
8. What do you have stored for us in the future? What are you working on/planning on next, aside this title/series? ? More books in the C I N Series (releasing by the end of this year!) A coming of age story, Heather’s Turn, and many more.
Fun facts: :
1. If you could wish for any one thing, and it would immediately come true, what would you wish for? ? For there to be love, true, unadulterated love everywhere. This would eliminate all the unkindness we face today.
2. If you were stranded on an isolated island, what’s the one book you’d absolutely wish to have with you? ? The Bible. It would keep me sane and remind me that others had been in the same situation before, too.
3. Name your favorite fruit. ? blueberries
4. Coffee or tea? ? coffee
5. Favorite season? ? Summer
6. How about fav time of 24 hours? ? 10 pm
7. Were you a boyscout/girlscout? ? I was a lone writer, never did group activities, except drama. I did do that once.
8. Favorite food for breakfast? ? Sausage McMuffin
9. Latest book you’ve bought and read? ? Emm Cole – Mermania. I have not finished reading it yet, but so far it’s pretty impressive.
10. Do you collect things like stamps, or key chains, or shoes? ? elephants
11. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us! ? I like them all!
12. Drama or comedy? ? Tough question. If I had to choose, comedy.
13. Have a fav quote or personal motto? ? “The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your problems, block your fears and score your points whenever you get the opportunity.”
14. Cats or dogs? ? dogs
15. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing? ?dinner by candlelight—never been a club person
16. What song have you listened to most recently? ?Hold up by Beyonce
17. What first came to mind after reading question no. 1 of the Fun Facts section? I mean that thing that you reconsidered after giving it more thought 😛 ?no more suffering
1. Your top secret, uber guilty pleasure is… ?martinis
2. The one thing you’d do anything to avoid/get out of is… ?confrontation
3. You were/are a hardcore fan of… ?Star Wars and Farscape
4. You’d immediately fall for someone who… ?showed that he was genuinely kind and loving
5. The one thing that always brightens your day is… ?when men wink at you
Enter to win a $10 Amazon Gift Card
All new subscribers receive a free copy of C I N
Sign up for the newsletter at http://www.christinaleighpritchard.com
About the Author & Links:
Christina Leigh Pritchard was born and raised in South Florida. Her first stories were written at the age of nine in spiral notebooks and in the various diaries she kept.
Since she’s upgraded to a computer, she’s completed over fifty books, including her ALMOST Series, signed with Limitless Publishing.
Christina Leigh Pritchard is still going strong with many more to come! Her genre’s include science fiction, dark fantasy, young adult, drama, suspense, historical romance, multicultural, comedy, poetry and many more.