Race car driver, Nathan Wolf, is primed to win his first championship. A thriving career and sexy holiday fling have Nathan riding the high life. But the past haunts him and could ruin it all.
After six long years, Brielle Woods has finally put the past behind her. Or so she thought, until she bumps into the hotshot who turned her world upside down and left her…to raise their son…alone.
Can they overcome baggage from their past and give into the passion that still burns between them? Or will they lose the chance at true happiness and the family they both long for?
1. What would you say inspired you to write it? ?
Two things actually. My husband – he’s an absolute grease monkey and adores all things engines and torque and speed and blah blah blah. I usually switch off when he’s trying to give me a mechanics lesson (Sssh don’t tell him). But I find a man who can handle…. Ehem…. His heavy machinery, to be quite sexy. And then you add a gorgeous little boy into the mix, and voila, the story blossomed. Children are funny, they really say the funniest things and I think that translates well into a story.
2. Have you ever been hit by the infamous “writer’s block”? What did you do to escape it? ?
Oh gosh YES! It’s the pits! Never force the story if you have hit a block. I always spend (waste) time on Social Media and Youtube just to relax my brain and let the creative juices flow. Or better yet, I read another book by one of my favourite authors – it reminds me about my end goal and sets me back on course.
3. Your all time favorite book? ?
To pick a single favourite would be a catastrophe! Ok fine you forced me into it…. Tangled up in You by Rachel Gibson
4. What made you pick that one above all others? ?
Besides being beautifully written. The story is sweet and complicated. There’s moments of humour and great gut clenching heart ache – everything I expect from a good book
5. Would you say becoming an author has changed you? In what way? ?
Oh dear me no. I still pinch myself, I cannot believe its actually real.
6. Was there ever a time, during your work on the e-book/book, when you felt like giving up? What made you change your mind? ?
Oh definitely. The story doesn’t always flow and there’s nothing more frustrating. I give myself a daily writing deadline and I stick to it. I also have a best friend who whips my lazy butt into shape and she keeps me in check. She reminds me why I do what I do – the end goal is always in vision.
7. What does your day-to-day life consist of? What else do you do, aside writing? ?
So funny story (not so funny). I work in corporate by day. I’m an HR Business Partner – super boring. I have also designed and published Travel Journals for the quintessential traveller. Oh and my personal blog cataloging the life and tales of Melissa Kate, her charming Beagle and the maniacal lovebird.
8. How do you deal with bad reviews or acid criticism? What would you advise other authors to that effect? ?
It’s awful. Nothing can prepare you for someone that does not like your manuscript. But at that point, there’s nothing you can do. Your book is out there in the ether and you have to rise above it. Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion and a professional (My Dear Publisher) loved my book enough to get it to print so that’s what counts to me.
Fun facts: :
1. If you could wish for any one thing, and it would immediately come true, what would you wish for? ?
For my Dad to be here to share my success (He passed away 3 years ago)
2. If you were stranded on an isolated island, what’s the one book you’d absolutely wish to have with you? ?
Anything by Rachel Gibson or Jill Shalvis
3. Name your favorite fruit. ?
Hmm, pineapples? Cherries are good too. So are grapes. Don’t make me choose!
4. Coffee or tea? ?
Coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon.
5. Favorite season? ?
6. How about fav time of 24 hours? ?
First thing in the morning – the solitude is soothing
7. Were you a boyscout/girlscout? ?
No way – I’m too much of a princess
8. Favorite food for breakfast? ?
9. Do you collect things like stamps, or key chains, or shoes? ?
Magnets from all the countries I have travelled to
10. Drama or comedy? ?
11. Cats or dogs? ?
Dogs dogs and more dogs!
12. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing? ?
13. What song have you listened to most recently? ?
Maroon 5 – Don’t wanna know. Listening to it right now
14. What first came to mind after reading question no. 1 of the Fun Facts section? I mean that thing that you reconsidered after giving it more thought 😛 ?
It wasn’t even a second thought
1. If everyone would receive a prize for being best at something, you’d be no. 1 at… MY FAKE IRISH ACCENT?
2. If a character from any book could become real and you could spend a day with them, it would be… from the book… ? Oliver Kyle from my upcoming book It Had to be You
3. You were/are a hardcore fan of… ? Leonardo Di Caprio – I was thirteen and shameless
4. You’d immediately fall for someone who… ? has a nice smile. And I married him!
5. If you could have any one superpower, it would be… ? to eat as much as I want and never get fat. Not a super power?
6. The one thing that always brightens your day is… ? The love of my little beagle boy
7. The awesomest thing in your life is… ? my husband. He’s the best part of my life.
About the Author & Links:
Melissa Kate is a new author who lives in a small town along the coast in sunny South Africa. She writes for the pleasure of living in a new story and all the quirks and crazies that go with each character. A true romantic at heart, she loves the moment of falling in love. Her pet Beagle and maniacal lovebird keep her company while writing and often inspire senseless moments in her stories.
When she’s not furiously typing away on her laptop, Melissa can be found cooking or baking up a storm. Even she has to admit, she’s a pretty awesome chef. She has a small addiction with shoes which she attributes to her petite stature or as she likes to call it “Short girl problems”.
She balances her day job and conjuring up new romantic tales with a local personal blog with arb ramblings about her life in Durban. She’s been writing for years now, any bits that she can and she can’t wait to share that with you!
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Withhold by Andrea Pearson Excerpt & Giveaway - Jul 21, 2017
- Spellbinder by Thea Harrison - Jul 20, 2017
- Illumination by Susannah Sandlin, Excerpt & Giveaway - Jul 19, 2017