Noah Landers wakes up one day with a headache and no memory of where—or who—he is. Jason, the man taking care of him, tries to fill in some of the blanks: they’re in a cabin in Colorado on vacation, and Noah slipped on ice and hit his head. But even with amnesia, Noah knows Jason is leaving out something important.
Jason O’Reilly is sexy as hell, treats Noah like he’s precious, and seems determined to make this the romantic getaway they’d apparently dreamed of together. But Noah’s more concerned that he’s trapped alone with Jason in the middle of a blizzard while his slowly returning memories bring hints of secrets and betrayal.
Noah’s not sure what’s the truth and what’s a lie. But as he learns who he is—and who Jason is to him—he’s forced to reevaluate everything he believes about himself, about loyalty . . . and about love.
1. What would you say inspired you to write it? ?
A dream I had, actually! Though it changed quite a bit from the original conception.
2. What was the source of inspiration for your protagonist? What about your antagonist? ?
This is a difficult question to answer without spoiling the plot, but the physical inspiration for the main character, Noah, came from a picture that I found of Anthony Rapp playing Mark in Rent.
3. Have you ever been hit by the infamous “writer’s block”? What did you do to escape it? ?
With Whiteout I barely had any writer’s block… the story flowed so well! But I get writer’s block with a lot of other projects. Usually I just try writing something else for a while, or talking through the block with a friend to figure out what the problem is.
4. Your all time favorite book? ?
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
5. What made you pick that one above all others? ?
It’s magic and romance and history and reality and it’s one of the most gorgeous novels I’ve ever read.
6. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series? ?
Yes, it’s the first in a loosely-connected series called Seasons of Love, which follows a group of friends in New York and features a production of Rent in the background. The other books are Thaw (with an asexual MC and F/F pairing), Heat Wave (two awesome bisexual ladies, F/F), and Changing Colors (M/M again).
7. What do you have stored for us in the future? What are you working on/planning on next, aside this title/series? ?
I also have a sports romance about Olympic divers out in May called Heels Over Head, and I’m working on a weird (but super fun) paranormal vampire romance.
Fun facts: :
1. Name your favorite fruit. ?
Apples. But it’s a toss-up between Gala and Granny Smith.
2. Coffee or tea? ?
Neither! Hot chocolate.
3. Favorite season? ?
4. How about fav time of 24 hours? ?
The hour between 1:00 and 2:00am. I’m at my most productive then for some reason.
5. Favorite food for breakfast? ?
French toast with cinnamon.
6. Latest book you’ve bought and read? ?
I have to answer in two parts, because the last book I bought was not the last book I read. The last book I bought was The Soldier’s Scoundrel by Cat Sebastian. The last book I read was Can’t Hide From Me by Cordelia Kingsbridge (for the fifh-or-so time).
7. Do you collect things like stamps, or key chains, or shoes? ?
I collect snowglobes from all over the world.
8. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us! ?
Black. Sorry, I’m so boring! But my second favorite color is turquoise.
9. Cats or dogs? ?
Cats, although I’m an equal opportunity baby-animal-lover.
10. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing? ?
Neither, dinner at home on the couch, with a movie on and a fluffy blanket covering us while we cuddle.
11. What song have you listened to most recently? ?
I’ve been listening to a lot of Sia, especially “The Greatest”.
1. Your top secret, uber guilty pleasure is… ?
Listening to Taylor Swift on repeat. But I have NO GUILT about my addiction to Taylor Swift… I just feel bad for anyone who gets stuck in a car with me with one of her songs comes on the radio.
2. Your oldest memory is… ?
A snake eating a frog in our neighborhood in Florida. I was… probably three or four? All of the neighborhood kids gathered around to watch it, and I still remember the entire incident clearly.
3. If everyone would receive a prize for being best at something, you’d be no. 1 at… ?
4. The one thing you’d do anything to avoid/get out of is… ?
Going outside when it’s cold. I will pay $20 to order pizza that I don’t really want rather than go buy groceries when it’s really cold out.
5. If a character from any book could become real and you could spend a day with them, it would be… from the book… ?
Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter. (But, like, post-Deathly Hallows.)
6. If you could have any one superpower, it would be… ?
The ability to fly.
7. The awesomest thing in your life is… ?
The fact that my first book has finally been published!
To celebrate the release of Whiteout, one lucky winner will receive a $20 Amazon gift card! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on January 28, 2017. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!
About the Author & Links:
Elyse is an author and world-traveler, whose unique life experiences have helped to shape the stories that she wants to tell. She writes romances with LGBTQ+ characters and relationships, and believes that every person deserves a Happily Ever After. When she’s not staring futilely at her computer screen, El spends her time adding stamps to her passport, catching up on her terrifying TBR list, and learning to be a better adult.
She’s always happy to chat with other readers, and you can find her online.
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Star-Crossed Lover Excerpt & Giveaway - Aug 7, 2018
- What Lies in Shadows by Siena Noble Giveaway - Jul 24, 2018
- Paranormal Book Recs by Jennifer Honeybourn & When Life Gives You Demons Giveaway - Jul 17, 2018