Scarred but powerful, Black Ridge Wolf Pack leader Aldric Forst has been selected to mate with an Omega—but first he must protect her from the dark forces that would corrupt her magic.
In a realm of elves, ogres and white witches, where danger is ever-present, Princess Helena Lichtenberg lost her parents at a young age. Raised by her uncle and aunt, Helena values family above all else. Now, as decreed by tradition, it is time to select a mate.
Enormous, scarred and scary, Black Ridge Wolf Pack leader Aldric Forst has never drawn the eye of any Omega. Why would he? But, on this, the night of what he swears is his last selection celebration, everything is different. One of those most beautiful, magical and powerful women, the niece of the king and queen themselves, wants him. And Aldric has never wanted anything more in return. No force—no matter how dark, no matter how powerful—will take Helena from him.
~ Bewitching BT
As Amalia spoke to Helena, the princess’s small omega stone on her forehead glowed, and it was impossible to miss the waves of happiness coming from her.
“Looks like the princess is happy you agreed to dance with her, brother.” Godric looked about ready to burst with excitement. “Should I call home and have the rest of our party get on the road?”
“No, not yet, Godric. Let’s see how the evening goes first. Then we can call in reinforcements.” Aldric didn’t want to get ahead of himself. He refused to be let down again. “What do you think Lady Amalia meant by she’d waited years?”
“I have no idea, but I do know the only way you’re going to find out is by asking the princess herself. Ready to waltz, brother?”
“At least all mother’s lessons are about to come in handy. What if she expects our normal life to be like this?” Aldric panicked.
“Okay, now you’re just looking for problems that aren’t even here yet. Get out there and sweep that princess off her feet with the alpha you are. Wait until I tell Cassandra she was right yet again.” Godric had a look of absolute glee at the prospect of making that call back to the pack.
“Yeah, well, if Cassandra was right about this, brother, then she also predicted that I would have to fight for my omega.”
Godric turned to face Aldric and all humor fled from his expression. “If we have to fight for your omega, then it’ll damn well be one we win, I can assure you of that. If this night goes well, I’ll be calling in more warriors as well. They will be here before the sun rises.” Both Theron and Tofa nodded in agreement, even if Theron continued to tap away on his tablet.
“We shall see, Godric. Let’s hope I don’t step on her foot. Then it may be the royal guard we need to fight.” Aldric laughed as he, Godric, Theron, and Tofa stood and made their way across the ballroom to stand in front of King Leonidas, Queen Alexandra, and Princess Helena.
Princess Helena was simply stunning; her emerald green eyes beamed with happiness as he approached. Aldric had never felt this level of immediate attraction before in his lifetime. Helena’s curly blonde hair was pulled away from her face, showcasing her royal tattoo and tiny vines twisting down her slender neck to her collarbone. Her smile lit up everyone and everything around her and her green eyes shone with happiness.
Aldric, Godric, Theron, and Tofa stood before the king and queen, bowing respectfully and waiting for King Leonidas to speak. The entire time, Aldric hoped like hell he didn’t screw this up.
The room had grown strangely quiet.
1. If you were to describe your e-book/book in only one word, what would it be?RomanceAdventure.
2. What would you say inspired you to write it? ?I wanted to rewrite the typical roles of alpha and omega, giving the omega the power of choice and the ability to fight by her alpha’s side.
3. Have you ever been hit by the infamous “writer’s block”? What did you do to escape it? ? When writer’s block hits I have to push myself through it no matter what I write. Some of the strange things that come out will never see the light of day but as long as I keep writing I’m okay.
4. What’s the longest time you’ve spent working on a project? ? Well over a year. I had worked on a book, rewriting and editing until it was perfect and then I would do it all over again because I was afraid to send it in, afraid of the rejection. I’m glad I got over that and now I am proud to be the owner of a box full of rejection letters. It takes only one yes.
5. What does your day-to-day life consist of? What else do you do, aside writing? ?I schedule everything around writing. I write from twelve noon until seven in the evening. Any appointments or other engagements I like to try and schedule around that time. In a perfect world that would work but with everyone’s schedules it maybe works four days a week. The rest of the time I find I’m searching for time to write.
6. How do you deal with bad reviews or acid criticism? What would you advise other authors to that effect? ? When I received my first bad review I felt hurt and cried. Something I had worked so hard on was awful to someone else. But luckily as time went on I learned to concentrate on the good reviews and honest criticism. I’m in contact daily with fans and now know how to take a bad review and turn it into constructive criticism when possible; sometimes there’s nothing to salvage from a bad review.
7. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series? ? Yes, this title is part of a series, the Black Ridge Wolf Pack series. The next book will be available in the coming months, it will be named Ceva’s Chance. The next book promises action, adventure and a whole lotta romance.
Fun facts: :
1. If you were stranded on an isolated island, what’s the one book you’d absolutely wish to have with you? ?Geesh, that’s too hard and it’s impossible to pick one.
2. Name your favorite fruit. ?Strawberries covered in milk chocolate Yum!
3. Coffee or tea? ?Tea.
4. Favorite season? ?Fall, I love the cooler weather and the change of the colors in the trees.
5. How about fav time of 24 hours? ?Noon, when I finally sit down to start writing for the day.
6. Were you a boyscout/girlscout? ? Farmgirl, better than a girlscout.
7. Favorite food for breakfast? ? French toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, homefries…okay I love breakfast.
8. Latest book you’ve bought and read? ?Christine Feehan’s Shadow Reaper.
9. Do you collect things like stamps, or key chains, or shoes? ? Souvenirs from places we visit or my children have visited. I still have tchotchkes from Niagara Falls, Montreal and sand from Punta Cana.
10. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us! ? Yellow, it’s bright and cheerful.
11. Drama or comedy? ?Comedy, you’ve got to be able to laugh.
12. Have a fav quote or personal motto? ? Never give up. Even after the box full of rejections I kept going, and now I’m published because I never gave up.
13. Cats or dogs? ? Cats, love their attitudes.
14. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing? ?Dinner by candlelight, no contest.
1. Your top secret, uber guilty pleasure is… ?Milk chocolate, I have stashes throughout my house.
2. The one thing you’d do anything to avoid/get out of is… ? Editing.
3. Your favorite part of a date is… ?The end of the night kiss.
4. The one thing that always brightens your day is… ? My Family, they may not be perfect but their mine.
5. The most awkward moment in your life happened when… ? On my first ever date when I was fifteen we went for Chinese food on a super hot day. The wanton soup came and I lifted my slippery glass of pop to take a drink and it slid out of my hand and splashed into the full soup bowl.
6. The awesomest thing in your life is… ? Being able to do what I love, writing.
About the Author & Links:
Lilli Carlisle lives outside Toronto, Canada. She’s a member of the Romance Writers of America and its chapter, Toronto Romance Writers. Lilli is a mother of two wonderful girls, wife to an amazing man and servant to the pets in her life. She writes both contemporary and paranormal romance and believes love should be celebrated and shared. After all, everybody needs a little romance, excitement, intrigue and passion in their lives. Lilli loves to hear from readers, you can find her here:
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Debt Inheritance by Pepper Winters - Aug 18, 2017
- Controlled Burn by Erin McLellan Excerpt & Giveaway - Aug 17, 2017
- The Dorchester Five by Peter Manus - Aug 16, 2017