Beauty. Romance. Power. It’s all in the eye of the BEHOLDER.
At last, Elea has found the love of her life. Unfortunately, the evil Tsar Viktor is about to unleash an army of twisted mages bent on killing everyone Elea cares about… including the man who’s stolen her heart.
So what’s a powerful witch to do? Why, organize a league of magical warriors, of course!
Elea recruits and trains a fighting force to take down the Tsar. That’s challenge enough, but on the eve of battle, Elea realizes that her true enemies may be far more powerful than even Viktor: The deities Oni and Yuri could be out to destroy her as well. With major battles brewing on two fronts, Elea’s not sure that she’ll win, but with true love to inspire her, she’s certainly ready to fight.
~ Xpresso BT
1. If you were to describe your e-book/book in only one word, what would it be?
2. What would you say inspired you to write it? ?
Oh, I had the ending of book four (CROWNED) in my head forever. I basically had to write three books just to get to it. Now, where did CROWNED come from? Uh, no idea.
3. What was the source of inspiration for your protagonist? What about your antagonist? ?
The heroine Elea was inspired by a number of famous Eleanors throughout history, such as Eleanor Roosevelt and Eleanor of Aquitaine. Both were crafty fighters in their own ways, so I transferred a lot of that to Elea. Her nemesis Viktor also chooses to fight against circumstance, but he does so in a negative way versus the positive choices that Elea makes.
4. Have you ever been hit by the infamous “writer’s block”? What did you do to escape it? ?
Reading helps a lot. When my creative well runs dry, it’s often because I haven’t taken the time to put new ideas in there.
5. Would you say becoming an author has changed you? In what way? ?
I’m so much happier and at peace now that I’m writing regularly. It’s like I can breathe again somehow.
6. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series? ?
CROWNED is the last book in the Beholder Series. There are no more planned, but I can be talked off that point. If you want more Elea and Rowan, let me know!
7. What do you have stored for us in the future? What are you working on/planning on next, aside this title/series? ?
Next year, I’m launching a new urban fantasy series called Dimension Drift. It’s a little sci-fi and a lot crazy. I’ll also be doing more releases in my Angelbound and Fairy Tales of the Magicorum series as well. Stop by www.monsterhousebooks.com for more info.
Fun facts: :1. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us! ?
These days, black is the new black.
2. Have a fav quote or personal motto? ?
If you’re not falling, you’re not trying.
3. What song have you listened to most recently? ?
Come by Jana. Fun!
1. Your top secret, uber guilty pleasure is… ?
2. If you could choose to be someone else for just one day, it would be… ?
I’d love to be concert pianist for a day, just so I could play the piano really well. That skill amazes me.
3. If everyone would receive a prize for being best at something, you’d be no. 1 at… ?
4. If a character from any book could become real and you could spend a day with them, it would be… from the book… ?
Rowan from CROWNED.
5. The one thing you could/can never get over is… ?
6. The one thing that always brightens your day is… ?
Seeing my son laugh.
About the Author & Links:
Christina Bauer knows how to tell stories about kick-ass women. In her best selling Angelbound series, the heroine is a part-demon girl who loves to fight in Purgatory’s Arena and falls in love with a part-angel prince. This young adult best seller has driven more than 500,000 ebook downloads and 9,000 reviews on Goodreads and retailers.
Bauer has also told the story of the Women’s March on Washington by leading PR efforts for the Massachusetts Chapter. Her pre-event press release—the only one sent out on a major wire service—resulted in more than 19,000 global impressions and redistribution by over 350 different media entities including the Associated Press.
Christina graduated from Syracuse University’s Newhouse School with BA’s in English along with Television, Radio, and Film Production. She lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi-insane golden retriever, Ruby.
Be the first to know about new releases from Christina by signing up for her newsletter.
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Q&A with Jennifer Ellision & Over Raging Tides Giveaway - Mar 20, 2018
- Closed Casket by Sophie Hannah, Agatha Christie - Mar 16, 2018
- Weaver’s Folly by Sarah Madsen - Mar 14, 2018