Against the approaching darkness, I am the light.
Young, terrified, and bound to a vampire, Louella Eschete fled the bayou and swore off magic. Years later, she’s returned to the tiny town of Cypress, Louisiana to take her rightful place as head of her magical family, whether she likes it or not.
In order to keep the tentative peace formed between the various races of powerful beings who rule side by side, she must face her own demons. Mainly one, Cristobal Cortez.
Now a master vampire, and lord of the seven cities surrounding New Orleans, her former lover has moved up in the world. Their relationship gets way more complicated when his court is framed for a rash of murders they didn’t commit.
Forced to play her role as his bond mate, and launch an investigation into the darkness threatening to overturn truces, she may be in over her head.
~ Bewitching BT
I curl my hands into fists. He foresaw this all those years ago in that graveyard. He recognized the potential of the two of us could create together. My chest aches. Some wounds cut too deep to ever fully heal. Angers pools in my belly. I wanted love. I got lies and manipulation instead. A pulsing ball of energy forms in front of me. I’m hypnotized by the technic-color glow. How could this come from me?
I shake under the strain of maintaining it. What was created in anger is burning off my reserves.
“Let. It. Go.”
The command given in a dulcet tone snaps my hold on the newly discovered power. The ball hurtles toward him. I resend the magic, knowing the back lash of the abrupt interruption of signal flow is going to be a bitch. Lifted off my feet by a form of magical feedback, I’m pitched back violently. My stomach drops, and then I’m caught in a strong pair of arms. The gravity of seeing him in person so close up presses down on me as I drown in his chocolate colored gaze. My tongue sticks to the rough of my mouth. All thought flees as my barriers buckle like the compromised hull of a ship. The high, well-sculpted cheek bones lead down to a strong, diamond shaped jaw rounded out by a dimpled chin. His button nose gives an eternal boyish quality to his rugged good lucks. He swallows and my gaze is drawn to his throat as my mind his worked over by years of memories.
We’re exchanging information like two computers updating. He cups my face. “Louella.” I twitch as I ride the wave of power being exchanged between us.
1. If you were to describe your e-book/book in only one word, what would it be? Entracing
2. What would you say inspired you to write it? ?The concept of a magical society that exists alogn side ours hidden from mere mortals. I’ve always been fascinated by that concept.
3. What was the source of inspiration for your protagonist? What about your antagonist? ? Id’ say for my protagonist I wanted to explore what it would be like to grow up in a magic wielding family, and what would happen once you began to question everything you were taught. It’s a reverse version of the normal person finding out they have magic abilities. I thought, what would happen when you begain to question your magic? For my antagonist it was jealousy. The concept of always wanting more, and never being satisfied with what you had.
4. Have you ever been hit by the infamous “writer’s block”? What did you do to escape it? ? Many times. It usually means it’s time for me to take a break. I’ll read books, watch shows, travel, and craft. Doing something creative that isn’t writing usually helps me shake it.
5. Was there ever a time, during your work on the e-book/book, when you felt like giving up? What made you change your mind? ? It’s a part of my process where I reach the first when I want to set my story on fire and start from scratch. I don’t want to give up, but I do dislike it a lot. It’s during my first draft.
6. How do you deal with bad reviews or acid criticism? What would you advise other authors to that effect? ? I read it and explore their words and see if they show me a weakness in my work. Especially if multiple people have the same thing to say. If it’s a matter of taste. Ie. This wasn’t for them. I try to let it roll off my back. It’s impossible to not be affected at all, but it gets easier as time passes. I’d tell new comers to work on developing a thick skin.
7. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series? ?
Yes It is. You can expect more magical cases,a deeper look into the vampire culture and the upper echelon of witches.
8. What do you have stored for us in the future? What are you working on/planning on next, aside this title/series? ? I’m also working on a Contemporary Romance Called Ring of Fire. A MC romance that features single mother, Tinley Hawkins, and the MC President Stone she can’t help but be attracted to.
Fun facts: :
1. If you could wish for any one thing, and it would immediately come true, what would you wish for? ?
A million dollars. Travel would instantly follow.
2. Name your favorite fruit. ? Strawberry
3. Coffee or tea? ? Both
4. Favorite season? ? Fall, hands down.
5. How about fav time of 24 hours? ? To this day, I’m still a night person.
6. Were you a boyscout/girlscout? ? No, I wasn’t.
7. Favorite food for breakfast? ? Hmm, a Sunny side up egg, and toast with strawberry jelly.
8. Latest book you’ve bought and read? ? Vison in Silver by Anne Bishop
9. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us! ? Pink
10. Drama or comedy? ? Comedy
11. Cats or dogs? ? Either. It really depends on the personality of the animal.
12. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing? ? Dinner by candlelight
13. What song have you listened to most recently? ? I’m a little obsessed by Wake up by Eden. It’s such a good song. If you haven’t heard it, definitely go give it a listen.
1. The one thing you’d do anything to avoid/get out of is… ? Today, my answer would be laundry, lol.
2. Your favorite part of a date is… ? The middle , after you’re settled in and the words and romance are freely flowing.
3. If a character from any book could become real and you could spend a day with them, it would be… from the book… ? Kaz Breaker from Six of Crows.
4. You were/are a hardcore fan of… ? Laurel K Hamitlon, Nsync, BSB
5. The one thing that always brightens your day is… ? The people I love
About the Author & Links:
Shyla Colt is the sassy international bestseller of the popular series Kings of Chaos and Dueling Devils M.C. This genre-hoppers stories feature three of her favorite things: strong females, pop culture, and alternate routes to happy ever after. Listening to her Romani soul, she pens from the heart, allowing the dynamic characters, eccentric interests, and travels as a former flight attendant to take her down untraveled roads.
Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, this mid-west girl is proud of her roots. She used her hometown and the surrounding areas as a backdrop for a number of books. So, if you’re a Buckeye, keep an eye out for familiar places.
As a full-time writer, stay at home mother, and wife, there’s never a dull moment in her household.
She weaves her tales in spare moments and the evenings with a cup of coffee or tea at her side and the characters in her head for company.
You can interact with Shyla Colt online via her website.
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- The Memory Chamber by Holly Cave - Feb 16, 2018
- Bad Wolf by Jo Raven Excerpt & Giveaway - Feb 14, 2018
- Enchanter Redeemed by Sharon Ashwood Excerpt & Giveaway - Feb 13, 2018