Stefan is a Native American vampire, former assassin for the Vampire Council. In a twist of fate, he now DJ’s the midnight shift for a small radio station in Whitefish, Montana, on the edge of Glacier National Park where his secret is safe until…
Born in Ireland, Brandy now works as a park ranger and trail guide in the park. During a full moon, Stefan and Brandy’s paths cross in a near physical collision on a trail. Their attraction is immediate and undeniable, almost as if fate demanded it.
Their union was foretold long ago in Irish folk tales where vampires and gryphons, warlocks and demons, witches and faeries must work together for the good of man and magic kind. Is a trip to Ireland the key to unraveling secrets and returning the magic? And even more importantly, will their love survive the trip?
behind the mountains, setting the azure sky ablaze in hues of red, orange,
yellow, and pink. Then red shifted to purple and dusk faded to darkness as he
jogged toward the trails. She stood leaning against the rock where he had
started his run last night. He’d tried to convince himself to stay away, but in
the end, the urge was too strong.
movement, he was at her side with his hand on the rock just above her shoulder.
“Waiting for someone? Brandy, is it?” The scent of warm, perfumed female skin
wafted over him as he leaned into her.
long enough, Mr. Talltree.” Her full lips formed a slight pout as she lifted
her chin and tilted her face up to meet his. “Nice to see you again.”
hesitation or apprehension in her lovely features as he moved closer, placing
his other hand next to her left shoulder, effectively pinning her against the
rock. He wanted to wrap his arms around her lithe, warm body and brush his lips
over her sexy pout. But he thought better of it, not wanting to scare her
let his gaze wander leisurely up and down her luscious body. “Didn’t your
mother warn you about the dangers of stalking a stranger at night in the park
1. If you were to describe your e-book/book in only one word, what would it be? Different
2. What would you say inspired you to write it? ?A camping trip to Glacier National Park. We actually stayed in the park, at night you’d hear the wolf song, coyote howls and the nocturnal creatures moving though the brush.
3. Have you ever been hit by the infamous “writer’s block”? What did you do to escape it? ? I haven’t been hit with writer’s block, per se, but when I need input for a plot direction, I brainstorm the story with my husband, while relaxing on Sunday morning before we get up. Works every time.
4. Your all time favorite book? ? Linda Howard – Troublemaker
5. What made you pick that one above all others? ? The entertainment value. It wasn’t just a romance, it had elements of suspense, humorous situations, real life struggles and a dog that stole the story.
6. What’s the longest time you’ve spent working on a project? ? 9 months
7. Would you say becoming an author has changed you? In what way? ? Kind of. I’ve always written since I was a child. But now I’m more observant, comparing real situation to if my characters got it right. There’s more pressure. Rather than writing several books at a time (yes, I’ve always done that) stopping where ever I want and starting another, I have a deadline for when the next book is due, so I better get that one done. Still I’ll start another with a few ideas that pop into my head while writing a different book. I just don’t pursue more of the story line until the current book is completed. Weird huh?
8. How do you deal with bad reviews or acid criticism? What would you advise other authors to that effect? ? When I was just starting out a dear friend and fellow writer gave me this advice. Read the bad review once and see what positives I can get from it, then I don’t read it again. Ever. It works for me and I pass it on to other writers.
9. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series? ? Yes A Vampire’s Unlikely Alliance is the third book in the Demon’s Witch Series. The next book An Angel’s Unintentional Entanglement is a little different from the other three, but still has characters in common, its set in the Colorado Rockies and deals with a fallen warrior angel and a native American shapeshifter who the angel finds near death on a high mountain trail. It wasn’t an accident.Who wanted her dead and why?
10. What do you have stored for us in the future? What are you working on/planning on next, aside this title/series? ? I’m working on the sequel to Charm Me, a candy hearts romance from a couple years ago. Also the third book in the Witch’s Journey Series and a romantic suspense set in a small town.
Fun facts: :
1. If you could wish for any one thing, and it would immediately come true, what would you wish for? ? More personal time.
2. Name your favorite fruit. ? a big juicy peach.
3. Coffee or tea? ? Tea
4. Favorite season? ? Autumn
5. How about fav time of 24 hours? ? After midnight.
6. Were you a boyscout/girlscout? ? Girlscout
7. Favorite food for breakfast? ? Peanut butter toast.
8. Latest book you’ve bought and read? ? Christmas on Crimson Mountain
9. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us! ? Aqua
10. Drama or comedy? ? Comedy
11. Have a fav quote or personal motto? ?Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW what a ride!
12. Cats or dogs? ? Dogs
13. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing? ? Dinner by candlelight
14. What song have you listened to most recently? ? Never Been To Me
15. What first came to mind after reading question no. 1 of the Fun Facts section? I mean that thing that you reconsidered after giving it more thought 😛 ? How tired I am of the rats winning the rat race. LOL
1. Your top secret, uber guilty pleasure is… ? Chocolate
2. Your oldest memory is… ? Being at my grandmother’s house, playing on her wrap around porch, looking between the posts watching a storm come. I was about 2years old. I just knew mom or grandma a would make me come in. So I hid in the corner.
3. If everyone would receive a prize for being best at something, you’d be no. 1 at… ? Working hard or being clumsy.
4. The one thing you’d do anything to avoid/get out of is… ? Speaking in front of a crowd. I can and do it, but not a favorite thing.
5. Your favorite part of a date is… ? Hiking to the top of a mountain ridge to watch the sunset. Colorado has beautiful sunset and sunrises too.
6. If a character from any book could become real and you could spend a day with them, it would be… from the book… ? Matthew from A Discovery of Witches.
7. You were/are a hardcore fan of… ? Bon Jovi
8. The one thing you could/can never get over is… ? Betrayal.
9. The one thing that always brightens your day is… ? My dog’s happy face, my parrots whispers and the kindness of strangers.
10. The awesomest thing in your life is… ? My husband of many, many moons.
About the Author & Links:
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Star-Crossed Lover Excerpt & Giveaway - Aug 7, 2018
- What Lies in Shadows by Siena Noble Giveaway - Jul 24, 2018
- Paranormal Book Recs by Jennifer Honeybourn & When Life Gives You Demons Giveaway - Jul 17, 2018