Dark Wish (Starlight Gods #1)
by Yumoyori Wilson
Publication date: September 8th 2017
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance
What do you get when you add free and dumb?
My name is Makoto Heart and I’ve always wished for a chance at freedom. Every day, I prayed before the Starlight gods, asking for their divine assistance in accomplishing such a difficult task.
Being an experiment for as long as I can remember, my hopes of obtaining freedom have diminished, drastically. The disappointment haunted me, as myself and my spirits struggled to survive. I had no hope left, believing my final plea fell upon deaf ears, yet again.
But what happens when my prayers are finally answered? I’m thrust into fulfilling a destiny, with the help of six star knights. Suddenly, I am no longer experiment 555, but the stolen princess of Heila.
Freedom, how you have teased my troubled soul. May the Starlight gods guide me and my knights, on this path towards the unknown.
~In Stars We Trust~
Dark Wish is an extraordinary new paranormal reverse harem series.
Recommended for 18+ audience, containing mature sexual content and strong language.
1. If you were to describe your e-book/book in only one word, what would it be?
2. What would you say inspired you to write it? ?
My author friends who were publishing the books I read. I wanted to be able to write too and share the stories that popped in my head during my night shifts.
3. What was the source of inspiration for your protagonist? What about your antagonist? ?
Mako was simply based me wanting to write about someone who always picked herself up when she fell. Antagonist was based on bullies and people who try anything to bring people down (myself included)
4. Have you ever been hit by the infamous “writer’s block”? What did you do to escape it? ?
Not yet. Still going strong after five months.
5. Your all time favorite book? ?
Trickery by Jaymin and Jane W
6. What made you pick that one above all others? ?
Its funny but has a dose of action and hints of romance.
7. What’s the longest time you’ve spent working on a project? ?
8. Would you say becoming an author has changed you? In what way? ?
I think it has made me work harder for what I want to achieve and made me have more appreciation to all those who write and publish books.
9. Was there ever a time, during your work on the e-book/book, when you felt like giving up? What made you change your mind? ?
Editing is really a killer for many authors and you do reach the point if you wonder why your evening doing it all. I think I just remember my readers and the people cheering me on to help me strive forward. My coauthor best friends help me too.
10. What does your day-to-day life consist of? What else do you do, aside writing? ?
Eat, sleep, write, maybe watch a youtube video LOL. I’ve been focusing on writing most of the time but if I do get an off day, I just like to enjoy going out with my best friend or mom.
11. How do you deal with bad reviews or acid criticism? What would you advise other authors to that effect? ?
Ignore, ignore ignore. Unless a bad review is consistent and telling me there a problem, I ignore it. Many bad reviews are trolls especially with Goodreads etc so I just have to ignore them. To me personally, bad reviews make me intrigued to see if the review was really a troll or legit.
12. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series? ?
The next book starts where the book ended and give the readers more insight on the guys perspective which is something that isn’t seen a lot in books. It has a bit of sad parts but is also balanced with funny scene and important lessons for a reader to learn and implement in their life
13. What do you have stored for us in the future? What are you working on/planning on next, aside this title/series? ?
For 2018, I have about 30 books I want to publish, so there’s going to be lots coming from me. It’s going to be a mix of everything; paranormal, urban fantasy, romance, comedy, fairytales, superheros, pretty much across the board.
14. What made you decide to go the self-pub way? ?
My friend recommended me to try it out when I asked how she became an author.
15. What would you say was the toughest part? ?
Reaching your deadlines and ensuring your book is as close to perfect as it can be.
16. Did you hire professionals for editing, cover design, formatting? ?
I hired a editor, cover artist and eventually, two months after being an author, I got a formatter.
17. How long did the production part take, from the moment you began working on the manuscript to self-pub to when you hit ‘Publish’? ?
Dark Wish took a month to produce. Literally wrote and got each chapter individually edited before we did three rounds of edits and got the cover designed during that process.
18. Where is your work being distributed, Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, AllRomanceEbooks/Omnilit, some other distributor? How did you decide which one(s) to go with? ?
Amazon I find is the best source with Kindle Unlimited. I love the program
19. What’s one characteristic of an author who self-publishes, one word that would describe them? ?
Fun facts: :
1. If you could wish for any one thing, and it would immediately come true, what would you wish for? ?
Healthy Long Life.
2. If you were stranded on an isolated island, what’s the one book you’d absolutely wish to have with you? ?
Burn by Suzanne Wright.
3. Name your favorite fruit. ?
4. Coffee or tea? ?
5. Favorite season? ?
6. How about fav time of 24 hours? ?
7. Were you a boyscout/girlscout? ?
8. Favorite food for breakfast? ?
9. Latest book you’ve bought and read? ?
Open Your Eyes by Aspen Winters
10. Do you collect things like stamps, or key chains, or shoes? ?
Lipstick…have 110 so far.
11. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us! ?
PINK!!!! I like turquoise blue too but pink always wins.
12. Drama or comedy? ?
13. Have a fav quote or personal motto? ?
Fake it till you make it.
14. Cats or dogs? ?
15. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing? ?
Dinner by candlelight.
16. What song have you listened to most recently? ?
I listen to korean music so…. but my all time favorite song is Masters by Perlo
17. What first came to mind after reading question no. 1 of the Fun Facts section? I mean that thing that you reconsidered after giving it more thought 😛 ?
Healthy Long Life since with health you can travel and do whatever you want. Sure, you need money and other stuff but with health, you can continue to make money and do the things you love and are passionate about.
1. If everyone would receive a prize for being best at something, you’d be no. 1 at… ?
2. The one thing you’d do anything to avoid/get out of is… ?
3. If you could have any one superpower, it would be… ?
4. The awesomest thing in your life is… ?
Being an author.
Author Bio & Links:
Yumoyori Wilson is from Toronto, Ontario. She loves to sleep and write her days away. She works at night as a registered nurse. She has a little addiction to bubble tea and coffee but loves to workout. She has big plans for the writing world and can’t wait to share them with everyone.
Latest posts by The_Butterfly_Livia (see all)
- Demon Familiar by Bellora Quinn & Sadie Rose Bermingham Excerpt - Jun 21, 2018
- Dangerous by Minerva Spencer Excerpt - Jun 14, 2018
- Splash by M.E. Rhines Excerpt & Giveaway - Jun 13, 2018