Meet the Beteferoce brothers: five dragon shifters, each with a strong elemental power. And each with a fierce desire to find his soul mate…
He said he was flying on a silver dragon. He called me “Markus-meine.” Who would know all that? Who? And how?
SWAT cop and dragon shifter Mark Beteferoce had—and lost—a soul mate. He’s finally at the point where he can get through the days without thinking about what used to be…until he tastes Quincy O’Brien’s doughnuts and takes him home to play.
Quincy O’Brien is a gifted baker, but at night he dreams of soaring through the sky on dragonback and being topped by the perfect Dom. Mark satisfies the kinky urges Quincy has only explored in his subconscious, pushing his limits and caring for him afterward.
From the start, their connection was more than sexual. It’s known; it’s familiar somehow. And it’s slowly driving Mark insane. What shouldn’t be possible most certainly is, and the bond between himself and Quincy runs deeper than either of them could ever have realized.
“We’re ready. Go ahead and open for the day.” Quincy slid the last tray of doughnuts into the case as his sister headed for the door, the smell of sugar thick on the air.
The Aerie Bakery had been in business for four gen¬erations and it felt good every morning, seeing the little line of people waiting for breakfast and coffee. Quincy felt that this was what he’d been born to do. Kneading dough and feeding people came as naturally as breath¬ing.
“Opening now,” Barb warned him so he was braced for the first flood of customers.
There was a line today, as there was most mornings. The next hour was busy. Many of the customers were regulars he and Barb knew well enough to ask about the latest regarding work or family and friends. Maybe the chatter slowed the line down, but only marginally and they more than made up for it with repeat customers who really felt like they were valued, which they were. After the first hour, he and Barb got a wee bit of a break, enough time for them to take a breather and bring out the second round of trays.
“I think we’ll be sold out by eleven, Quince.”
He nodded to Barb. “I think you’re right.” That worked for him. He’d been working since three a.m. to get things ready for the morning rush.
A couple of cops came in, SWAT by the looks of their uniforms. One of them, Tom, was a regular who came in for two dozen doughnuts almost every day. Not to be stereotyping or anything, but the Halifax cops did love his doughnuts.
“I tell you, Mark, you need to get laid,” Tom said, making his friend roll his eyes.
“That’s your answer to everything.” Mark was huge: big, broad shoulders and a deep voice that Quincy swore he felt in his belly.
There was no way this guy had a problem getting laid.
He gave them a smile. “It’s not a bad answer. Hey, Tom.”
“Hey, Quincy. It’s not a bad answer at all. It’s a great answer.” Tom chuckled and turned to his friend. “Mark, this is Quincy—the baker of the most amazing dough¬nuts in town. Quincy, this is Mark, he’s on the team.”
Mark nodded to him. “Good to meet you. We do re¬ally like your doughnuts. They don’t last long when¬ever Tom brings them in.” Eyes the color of a stormy sky took him in.
“I love to hear that. You want two dozen assorted?”
“We do. And I’d like a half dozen of the square ones with raisins in a separate box, please.”
“I am not. I just know what I like.” Mark was look¬ing right at Quincy as he said it.
“That’s a great quality in a man.”
1. If you were to describe your e-book/book in only one word, what would it be?
2. What would you say inspired you to write it? ?
I love dragons and wanted to write a story featuring a dragon shifter. I was lucky that I didn’t get just one dragon shifter, but five!
3. Have you ever been hit by the infamous “writer’s block”? What did you do to escape it? ?
I tend to have several stories on the go at any one time. This has saved me from writer’s block more than once – if one story is sluggish or not advancing at all, I can move on to another.
4. Your all time favorite book? ?
I am notorious for not being able to list a favorite (even top ten lists are hard for me) but I will pick Pet Sematary by Stephen King
5. What made you pick that one above all others? ?
This is the first book that literally sent a shiver down my spine – when the cat first comes back down the driveway and I knew I wanted to write and that I wanted my writing to make readers feel things. There are a lot of books that inspire me to write, but that was the first that came to mind.
6. Was there ever a time, during your work on the e-book/book, when you felt like giving up? What made you change your mind? ?
I have been very lucky with this whole series that the characters have been noisy and eager to be written and the only thing that slowed me down was that I had other books that I had deadlines on.
7. What does your day-to-day life consist of? What else do you do, aside writing? ?
I go walking every morning, then I breakfast, deal with emails, forms, etc, spend some time on the business of writing, then sit to write. Some days a story might be riding me hard, and all I do is write. Some days I am in a baking mood and I will do a lot of cooking. Some days I relax in front of the TV and crochet. But I always make sure I get in at least an hour of writing time, even if it’s giving me a hard time.
8. How do you deal with bad reviews or acid criticism? What would you advise other authors to that effect? ?
I try and find anything constructive that I can use, and then I try to put the review out of mind. Not every book is for every person and I can’t let the bad reviews keep me from writing. I won’t read reviews if I know I’m in a place where a bad one will put me off my game.
9. Is this title part of a series? Without giving us spoilers, of course, what can we expect from the next e-books/books in the series? ?
Born of Air is the fourth book in the Dragon Soul series. The next book will be Owned by Fate and it’ll explore the fifth and final dragon shifting brother finding his soul mate.
10. What do you have stored for us in the future? What are you working on/planning on next, aside this title/series? ?
I am planning to write books featuring the other mythical shifters that I have hinted at in the Dragon Soul books – for instance mermen and phoenixes. I also have a series I’m still ironing out the details of featuring the Greek Gods dealing with life and love in modern times.
Fun facts: :
1. If you could wish for any one thing, and it would immediately come true, what would you wish for? ?
Well, aside from stuff like world peace, I’d wish for my very best friend to go into remission.
2. If you were stranded on an isolated island, what’s the one book you’d absolutely wish to have with you? ?
Just one? That’s mean. I’m going to go with Lord of the Rings because it’s lengthy.
3. Name your favorite fruit. ?
Apples – especially MacIntosh ones
4. Coffee or tea? ?
Tea – I do not like coffee at all and never drink it
5. Favorite season? ?
Winter! I love the snow and the cold.
6. How about fav time of 24 hours? ?
Probably midnight – it’s quiet and I get a lot of writing down around then
7. Were you a boyscout/girlscout? ?
I was a girl guide (I’m in Canada) for several years
8. Favorite food for breakfast? ?
9. Latest book you’ve bought and read? ?
Wolfmanny by Julia Talbot – it was great!
10. Do you collect things like stamps, or key chains, or shoes? ?
Salt and pepper shakers – I have quite a few
11. Favorite color, you know you want to tell us! ?
12. Drama or comedy? ?
Oh man, they both have their place and it depends on my mood.
13. Have a fav quote or personal motto? ?
Smut fixes everything is my motto.
14. Cats or dogs? ?
15. Dinner by candlelight or a night out clubbing? ?
Dinner by candlelight
1. Your top secret, uber guilty pleasure is… ?
Pokemon Go – I’m an avid player of it.
2. If everyone would receive a prize for being best at something, you’d be no. 1 at… ?
Writing sex scenes
3. The one thing you’d do anything to avoid/get out of is… ?
Standing in line
4. Your favorite part of a date is… ?
The kiss at the end
5. If a character from any book could become real and you could spend a day with them, it would be… from the book… ?
Rigger from the Jarheads series
6. You were/are a hardcore fan of… ?
Star Wars and Star Trek
7. If you could have any one superpower, it would be… ?
8. The one thing that always brightens your day is… ?
My dog Bacon
9. The awesomest thing in your life is… ?
The fact that I get to write for a living.
Often referred to as “Space Cowboy” and “Gangsta of Love” while still striving for the moniker of “Maurice,” Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours between dropping the f-bomb and persuing the kama sutra by channeling the long lost spirit of John Wayne and singing along with the soundtrack to “Chicago.”
A long-time writer of complicated haiku, currently Sean is attempting to learn the advanced arts of plate spinning and soap carving sex toys.
Barring any of that? He’ll stick with writing his stories, thanks, and rubbing pretty bodies together to see if they spark.
- Star-Crossed Lover Excerpt & Giveaway - Aug 7, 2018
- What Lies in Shadows by Siena Noble Giveaway - Jul 24, 2018
- Paranormal Book Recs by Jennifer Honeybourn & When Life Gives You Demons Giveaway - Jul 17, 2018